IP move

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ilya20008
    ilya20008
    Participant

I would really like to move the logical channels without using the selected layer.
    Often the working scene is overgrown with new channels, and they have to be added at the end. I would like to be able to move the new Kick trigger channel next to the kick channel while keeping the preset neat.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

we already discussed this many times in the past

Profile photo of robashard
    robashard
    Participant

One of the beauties of the SQ is it’s pretty stunning Custom Fader Layer facilitates.
    Don’t feel you have to work with the fader layers as they were when you first switched the SQ on. It’s so easy to drag and drop channels onto a fader Layer, or flick ones you don’t want there, off.
    I like the idea of a drum kit Layer, with maybe the bass on fader 1 as well. The bass can still be where you had it on the top layer, and you can also add those relevant extras to the drums on,say, Layer 2.
    One a TV show recording I did, I had a few more channels than the 14 audio faders, plus 2 VCA’s I could fit on my SQ5 layers, so I created two almost identical layers, with the extra sources on little used faders on Layer 2.
    By the same token, you can create totally different layers. A band Layer, and a vocal Layer. You can make it work for your exact requirements.
    Once you realise how simple it is to do, you’ll wish you’d done it before.
    Save a memory before you start, and if you get in a muddle, you can go back to where you were.

SteffenR
    Participant

and not to mention fader spill…

more on the same (at least very close) topic

Best way of laying out the mixer surface for gig?

Profile photo of ilya20008
    ilya20008
    Participant

Perhaps you misunderstood me.
    I know what a custom fader layer is, and I use it all the time.
    I have a SHOW in which I have acquired many different settings over a long period of time. Also, over time, new musical instruments appear, and sometimes old ones disappear. this creates a mess in the IP channels. Of course I am using a custom fader layer and that saves me. But when the task of adding a stereo instrument appears, there is a problem with re-patching and collecting two channels in stereo (which are labeled as IP9 / IP10 in the mode menu, without having a channel name).
    My desire is to be able to swap the logic channels (I emphasize, not the sequence of the faders)

SteffenR
    Participant

WE DO UNDERSTAND YOU AND DISCUSSED IT MANY TIMES BEFORE

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

WE DO UNDERSTAND YOU AND DISCUSSED IT MANY TIMES BEFORE

And how exactly does that help @ilya20008 ??

Did you forget the details of what you discussed already?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.