ios compatibility

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting ios compatibility

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of 4Tens 4Tens 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 4Tens
    4Tens
    Participant

Hey all….new here.

Is there a knowledge base or previous thread in the forums which might reveal current / imminent firmware versions and their compatibility with iOS versions running QU You?
    I believe I have v1.91 on the boards now (QU16 and QU24) and they are all running 1.91 apps on iPhones. Different model phones, varying iOS versions.
    Some have accidentally auto-updated and lost controllability, some have not yet updated, due worry about that.
    I’m contemplating an update to 1.94 but want to know ahead-of-time which iOS versions my musicians use will no longer work, or may begin working again.

Thanks in advance!

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

All app versions 1.9X are cross compatible with firmware versions 1.9X. You just can’t mix versions such as 1.9X and 1.8X.

Profile photo of 4Tens
    4Tens
    Participant

Thanks, GaryH. Looking more for iOS compatibility indications. So far, 2 iPhone 8’s running iOS14.4 can still use QU You 19.1 and 19.2; we tested this morning after original post. On a third iPhone (10) using iOS 14.4 the QU You app crashes. They are going to try uninstall-reinstall to see if that fixes it for that singer.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Thanks, GaryH. Looking more for iOS compatibility indications. So far, 2 iPhone 8’s running iOS14.4 can still use QU You 19.1 and 19.2; we tested this morning after original post. On a third iPhone (10) using iOS 14.4 the QU You app crashes. They are going to try uninstall-reinstall to see if that fixes it for that singer.

I know a person who uses an Ipad mini and had to re install the app after the update.
    Since I do nothing with my iPads except control A&H mixers, my DBX 360 DSP’s and the occasional M/X32 I’m going to leave them at 13.3 for a while.

I have all auto updates turned off.

Profile photo of 4Tens
    4Tens
    Participant

Thanks, Mike C. I’ll wait to see what happens with the uninstall-reinstall attempt. If that doesn’t work, I suspect the iPhone models behave differently with same iOS. I have an old iPhone 6 I can resurrect, and that singer can use it just as a monitor controller. Good call to leave auto updates turned off; will definitely pass that along to them.

Cheers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.