iOS 16 – Qu-Control crash

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting iOS 16 – Qu-Control crash

This topic contains 18 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Giga Giga 1 year ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Josh
    Josh
    Participant

When I try to add a new button in admin mode on the Qu-Control app (With demo or with my console connected) on iOS-16, the app instantly crashes, I didn’t have this bug before updating so I am assuming it is something to do with that. I have tried to uninstall and re-install the app but that hasn’t fixed the issue and I also tried to do the same thing on my iPad and it also crashed.
    Is this something on my end or is anyone else having this issue? Are there any solutions?

Thanks
    Joshua Epstein

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Haven’t tried connected to the mixer yet but in demo mode everything ok.

Qu-SB iPad pro 10.5. iPad OS 15.7

Giga

Profile photo of Josh
    Josh
    Participant

But you are on iPad OS 15.7 not 16. I think that the issue is to do with iOS 16

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Well, the iPad in question sys it’s software is up to date 🤷🏻‍♂️

Giga

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

@giga,

Depends on the model of your iPad.

I have two, an first and second edition Air & Air 2, the latter is the oldest model to support iOS 16.

Lee

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Yeah, sort of I found out; the difference is IOS is a 16 now but “my” iPad OS is 15.7. I don’t even know how come I’m on iPad OS, maybe because my iPad is a Pro version ? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Giga

Profile photo of steve101
    steve101
    Participant

Just upgraded iPhone to iOS 16 and both Qu you and Qu control fail. They instantly crash! I assume it’s an iOS problem since they worked before. Is there going to be an update for both of these apps to make them compatible with iOS 16…….This is going to cause massive headaches if it isn’t addressed, fingers crossed.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi all,

Sorry! These issues have been confirmed and logged, so now we just need to figure out why this is happening and find a solution.
    The recent Qu-Pad updates required quite a full-on rebuild and therefore required a complete retest, which obviously takes time, but rest assured we’ll be getting updates out for these as soon as possible.

To stay informed of all releases and updates, you can register to receive (non-spammy) emails here – https://www.allen-heath.com/support/register-product/

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Josh
    Josh
    Participant

Thank you for the update!

steve101
    Participant

Any news on eta for the updates? already causing problems for my engineers at gigs and functions. Can’t believe how fickle some musicians are lol managing to get by though ;0)

Profile photo of Josh
    Josh
    Participant

Hey, Is there an update on the app? We have been changing configurations on our desk and need to update our app, Any chance you could give an eta?

Profile photo of jcamp4
    jcamp4
    Participant

My Qu-You app on iPad crashes in demo mode right away. iPad Pro iOS 16
    Qu-pad seems to work fine.

steve101
    Participant

It works when you use it live. If you have qu control you can’t edit it the menu doesn’t work. I don’t think they care much for the Qu series anymore😐

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@steve101

The most recent update for Qu-Control (V1.92 released Nov ’22) included a new menu button to access the admin menu for any iOS that includes the ‘swipe from left’ gesture.
    So please ensure you have the latest version and that you are logging in as admin and you should have no issue.

If you’re still not able to get to the menu, please contact us using support.allen-heath.com and we’ll be able to figure it out with you.

Thanks,
    Keith.

steve101
    Participant

Works fine in demo mode Qu control but in live mode the menu is blank it pops out but nothing to select

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.