invalid project

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions invalid project

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andreas Andreas 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chuck
    Chuck
    Participant

First, I did search and read all I could on this problem but nothing works.

I obtained six drum files 48/24 and copied them to a dummy qu folder mtk files. (I created this by recording nothing to the HDD). I renamed the drum files to match the qu (TRK01, etc.) and then duplicated them so I have 18 files. All I get is invalid project. Does anyone have any thoughts that might be helpful?
    Thanks Chuck

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

What format are the files? What are the bit depth and sample rates of the files?

Profile photo of Chuck
    Chuck
    Participant

They are all WAV files. I don’t know their bit depth. In reading the “manual” and looking at all the tutorials I could find I didn’t see anything about bit depths or sample rates. I did see the QU needed 44/28 WAV and that is what they are. I will contact the drummer and ask.

Thanks!

Profile photo of Chuck
    Chuck
    Participant

Also, while waiting for him to respond, just now I copied one of his files to a thumb drive and it plays just fine. He did a stereo down mix for reference purposes. The hard drive also has the tutorial on it and it plays fine.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Stereo playback is much more flexible regarding source format and samplingrates, WAVs for Qu multitrack “projects” are required to be 48kHz 24Bit Mono (clearly documented here: Understanding Qu-Drive and USB Devices and also in The Manual on page 54).
    You may use VLC player to check format of any type of multimedia file.

Profile photo of Chuck
    Chuck
    Participant

Thanks Andreas. I have read the “manual” and they are WAV files, 48kHz 24 bit as I said in my original post. Do you have any other thoughts?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

…and in your second post you stated the bit-depth is unknown… 😉
    Anyway, if you don’t have a problem to send me one of them so I could have a look (if you don’t have webspace send me a pm).
    If you end up with 18 tracks of same length and correct names this should work.
    Not sure if the Qu expects a proper file order on physical level any if it may get confused from additional hidden files which are created by MacOSX for example.

Profile photo of Chuck
    Chuck
    Participant

Thank so much Andreas!! I have the drummer redoing the files for me and I will retry. I will again verify that there are 18 files, all the same length and that the files are 48/24. I will report back.

Chuck

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

first test is to replicate just one of the files 18 times – then you *know* they are the same length..

Don’t know how fussy the QU is about length, but it could easily require the same sample count in all the files…

Profile photo of Chuck
    Chuck
    Participant

Thanks to everyone, especially Andreas. I thought I posted yesterday but I saw this morning I did not. Anyway, everything works perfectly now. I had checked the length, etc., but thanks to Andreas turning me on to the VLC player I found the problem. I carefully checked each track and found two that were tagged stereo! Simple fix and once that was done – everything works great.

Again, thanks to everyone!!

Chuck

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

thanks for the update, glad you found it!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.