Internal Pre-Amps not working

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Internal Pre-Amps not working

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Oracle/Steve Oracle/Steve 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Oracle/Steve
    Oracle/Steve
    Participant

So I found yesterday that the pre-amps for mics plugged directly into the QU-32 were not being affected by the pre-amp gain knob. Mics plugged into the snake worked just fine. When I spoke into the mic a signal registered as coming in on the LEDs on the board, but on headphones I could barely hear the signal. Changing the preamp knob had no effect whatsoever. When I took the same mic and plugged it into the snake and changed the input source it worked fine. Has anyone seen this happen before?

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Was the particular channel set for local input ?

Giga

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

@kimbells

I’m not sure if I’m understand what you are trying to say…
    Do you use a stagerack like the AR2412 or AB168?

Profile photo of Oracle/Steve
    Oracle/Steve
    Participant

Inputs are set to Local. I do have a stagerack AR2412 plus an AR84. I normally do sound from stage but use the stage rack anyway for all but my personal mic, my trumpet mic, and an external Fx unit that I bring back into a channel. All three of these are set for local. When I discovered that I had no control over the pre-amp I ran a mic cord to the corresponding stagebox channel, changed the input to DSnake, and both mics worked fine.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.