Intel Mac Mini and Dante

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis troubleshooting Intel Mac Mini and Dante

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jt Jt 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jt
    Jt
    Participant

So we recently were trying to test Dante Via in sending a signal from YT, Pro 7, etc and we’re finding that for some reason, the Intel mini would show it was transmitting in Dante Controller, however, non of the receiving devices were receiving audio (avantis, recording, etc)

We experimented trying with another Mac Mini we have for broadcasting that is an M1 and not Intel and that one seemed to transmit just find and the receiving devices showed signal coming in like normal.

The only way we have found to get the devices to receive what the Intel Mini is transmitting, is to reboot the Dante Card in Dante Controller, and once doing that, all receiving devices will show signal being received.

I do not feel this should be the case and haven’t found a solution. I did reach out to Audinate and they seem to point me to Allen & Heath to see if something has changed with compatibility, which doesn’t make sense but I just would hate if they are just passing the buck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Again we can get it working properly if we reboot the Dante Card in Dante Controller, but that just seems to be a bit much with Dante being very stable and reliable. So I am unsure if it’s an Intel thing or if their is a setting on the M1 that’s isn’t on the Intel that needs to be addressed.

Much appreciated for any and all advice!

Attached is a zip file of the log I pulled from Dante Via on Intel Mac Mini.

Profile photo of Jt
    Jt
    Participant

There are other log files I could add if needed but I wouldn’t know where to start.

I had a similar issue. If you have a 10g ethernet port that may be the issue. After troubleshooting with Audinate my issue turned out to be that Dante doesn’t pass through the 10g ports from apple because of an apple driver limitation. The work around was to forward all multicast traffic to the specific switch port for the dante device with the 10g port. Its very frustrating along with the other issues dante has had with the M1 series of Mac Mini’s and the continuously changing fix dates from Audinate. Another work around is a 1g dongle.

Profile photo of Jt
    Jt
    Participant

Thank you for your reply. The M1 Mac Mini works fine for us, it’s the Intel one that is giving us issues.

I will try a different method of passing through the signal and see if that works.

Thanks again.

Profile photo of Florian Steppke
    Florian Steppke
    Participant

Side question. The M1 still not support DVS right?

Profile photo of Jt
    Jt
    Participant

As far as I am aware you are correct. Still waiting.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.