Insufficient gain

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Insufficient gain

This topic contains 20 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

@volounteer

What part of this from Keith’s post did you not understand…..
    “your posts suggest you would benefit from getting a reputable professional in to sort everything out.”

So again your going to being the same tech/dealer to set up your system….again!!!!
    Putting up some panels in a room with a properly set up and OPERATED system would not
    require a full system reset and make over.

You tech/dealer is either clueless or maybe they know what there doing and then you guys completely muck it up after a couple weeks or if the tech is clueless you just muck it up worse.

I do feel sorry for the congregation in what they must have to endure related to the audio quality of the service on a weekly basis.

Thank you….good night!

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I ask myself a long time already, why things work for many others out there but not for you or your church.
    I do not get it…

If you refer to an extra gain stage in the analog mixers of the past,
    so name them… please

I do a bit of streaming and some Zoom meetings these days and this kind of things needs totally different levels to get a proper signal fed to the stream and the PA level needs to be low
    but to me it’s still no problem to turn the power amp down and/or to lower output/mix-bus/aux-mix faders.

The combination of broadcast(or stream) and PA is sometimes a bit tricky, but if I need more control,
    I always add a PA controller to get exactly that control for the PA system only.
    There are some cheap models already available.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@SteffenR

That was designing mixers or gain staging without them a long time ago.
    Analog did not have the range of gain available to digital.

I certainly dont remember names of devices that are long gone now.
    I have trouble remembering where my glasses are as well as my car keys:)

Our Qu works but it could work better from an operator viewpoint when you use volounteers if we could match the SPL in the room to correlate easily with the leds on the Qu. They are busy enough without having to remember to check the SPL meter constantly too.

We livestream to AM/FM radio as well as two social media sites.
    Our problem is the video team has even less qualified volounteers than the audio team.
    My goal would be to set LUFS in the Qu so they could center that in the range shown on their meter for best voice transmission.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Not something I’d normally recommend, but how about adding something like this – fed from the Alt Out, and then calibrated as you require?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Not something I’d normally recommend, but how about adding something like this – fed from the Alt Out, and then calibrated as you require?

I like this in the product description…..

“It also creates a great light show in your amp rack”

***comment removed***

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@markpaman

That device looks intriguing. Will have to find specs and a dealer near us in USA and learn more.
    Problem is getting the LR/alt signal level high enough to calibrate at all, but that would be far better than the limited leds on the Qu.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.