Inserting FX / Dynamics

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Inserting FX / Dynamics

This topic contains 18 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I have learned how to add reverb to a singer but how to stop the reverb when they are speaking?

I put all the FX returns on a mute group and then assign the mute group to a soft key.

Sometimes I’ll also put the FX returns on a DCA group if I need to ride the FX levels
    during the show, that also gives me the FX mute.

By the way it’s good to hear you realize that you need to mute the FX for speaking in between songs!!! Many times people don’t do that!

Profile photo of Dave Meadowcroft
    Dave Meadowcroft
    Participant

I do a similar thing to Mike, except I put the FX Sends on a mute group instead.
    The benefit if that is the reverb tails don’t get muted which sounds far more natural.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

I also control the FX sends. For announcement I either mute the vocal FX completely or just reduce the send level of the reverb. In som locations it sounds better if there is still some reverb remaining while somewone is speaking.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I do a similar thing to Mike, except I put the FX Sends on a mute group instead.
    The benefit if that is the reverb tails don’t get muted which sounds far more natural.

That’s more or less why most of the time I put the returns on a DCA so I can just faed them out so to speak.

For a delay special FX where it needs “punched in” on a line or word during a song I’ll
    unmute/mute the send or put the send on a DCA so the delay tail will continue after
    I mute or turn down the FX send.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.