Insert in scene recall

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Insert in scene recall

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brad Brad 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of isaac
    isaac
    Participant

I’m trying to solve an issue I’m having. Quite happy to be told I missed a setting! 🙂

Running a Dm64, with and extra gigace card and FOH and MON surfaces.

This is a church situation, so lots of different operators.

My issue is that some of the operators insert the multiband dynamic over inputs and outputs. Now no problem with them using what they want to get the job done!

The problem is that when I recall my scene I get all of their multiband inserts in my scene.

Am I missing something in the recall scope to unsafe this?

Thanks,

Isaac P

Profile photo of Brad
    Brad
    Participant

Hi Isaac,

the scene recall filters can be a bit touchy with some settings; i presume that they are using the Dyn8 multiband via a channel insert. Firstly check that for the scenes you are recalling the “Dyn8” safe is not blocked. also check that the “Insert Patchpay” found under “Other” is also not safed. The global safe on a channel doesn’t seem to play a role in the inserts coming in or not.

hope that helps

Profile photo of RobbO
    RobbO
    Participant

I just use shows instead of scenes. They seem to “zero out” the whole surface to give us a fresh starting point. Maybe make a “start here” show and recall that every time. Each operator can have their own show customized to their liking. Seems to be working well for us.

Profile photo of Brad
    Brad
    Participant

Shows do have the effect. one risk is that changing a show will also purge any new library settings you have made; so be sure to back them up if needed. we generally use a single show, but have a default scene with no recall filter applied. we do have a few channels set to global safe however (e.g. MC mic + main mix, so that scenes can be changed while someone is talking with no interference). seems to work for us.

Profile photo of RobbO
    RobbO
    Participant

Ahh good idea. I haven’t been storing any libraries but that’s good to know.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

about wich Firmware version we are talking?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

ok I can confirm this… this is a bug tried it with 1.71, will try it with 1.72 later

Profile photo of RobbO
    RobbO
    Participant

I’m about to go fire up my surface so I’ll have a look too. Currently running 1.71 here.

Profile photo of Brad
    Brad
    Participant

We are on 1.70. Not sure if it is a bug, I can think of lots of situations where keeping libraries with shows would be preferred. The libraries can still be saved to USB, just have to remember to before changing shows.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.