Insert B with Waves insert card

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Insert B with Waves insert card

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wolfgang Wolfgang 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of argondwd
    argondwd
    Participant

Good day all, thanks in advance for any help.

Ive got an S5000 with DM48
    5000 sits at FOH with 2 Waves V3 Cards
    Extreme Server with Mac Mini at FOH for Waves Multirack.

What i’m experiencing is the insert B on the vocal channels is introducing some kind of a delay.

The vocalists are complaining of a doubling effect in the inears when the insert is engaged.

When bypassed no complaints.

I need to be able to make the insert B post in the channel. is this possible?

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

Hi, have you already measured the latency of your signal processing in the Mac with Waves?

I use a MacMini for external effects. For this I have connected Live Professor via a MADI card. But here I can’t get below 7ms latency, so I definitely only use it for high-quality reverb and delay effects.

The internal dynamics modules in the dLive are so good for me, that I don’t need to use any additional external effects here. Even a Dyn8 in insert A or B makes zero additional latency!

So check the latency of your external system, this is your problem.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

post what? aux send?

global aux send source is available in the rouiting screen of the aux master strip

Profile photo of Zistan
    Zistan
    Participant

@wolfgang Dyn8 – 0.05ms latency

argondwd
    Participant

ok so i have the mix routed Pre for inears mixes(I understand how to do that)…

what im asking about is the ability for the mix to not be affected by insert B. for them only to have Waves in FOH not in IEMS…

argondwd
    Participant

Solved as per Steffen R. thanks so much! Moving the send source fixed the issue. There is no longer a delay after taking post PEQ vs Post Delay…and there weren’t any delays on in the delay window. Now the ears aren’t having a delay in waves. Thanks for community support! We do process Waves live including livetune on vocals so this was very very important to our mix!

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

OK, then I must have misunderstood the question.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.