Insert B Issue

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Insert B Issue

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

Hey all,

I inserted a MultiRack rack into inset B of an input, and it’s all routed correctly and inserted, but I’m not hearing any return.

When I insert the same FX in Ins A it works fine, but B does not.

What’s going on?

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

No ideas?

Profile photo of Loloverde
    Loloverde
    Participant

Howdy

Sometimes it is easier to check the routing of the FXs in the back panel. Go to the FX section, not the channel.

bye
    Rainer

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

It’s not through the fx units on the desk though, basically it’s a hardware insert. Works in Ins A, but not Ins B.

Loloverde
    Participant

Yes, but even if the unit is used as insert, you can see them in the FX section. And there in the back panel view it is easier to see routing problems. Happend to me once too.

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

Maybe I’m misunderstanding then, but I’m inserting a Waves plugin through Multirack Soundgrid, not anything from the FX rack at all. Not sure how that would show up in the FX section, and just tried it with no luck seeing anything there.

Loloverde
    Participant

my bad. I thought you used a internal FX.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Please submit a ticket at https://support.allen-heath.com/ with your Show file, and our Support team will take a look for you.

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

Will do, but found some interesting anomalies that maybe will help?

When I insert a plugin in Ins. B, I CAN’T hear it in the IEM mixes, but for some reason I CAN through a monitor wedge. Same input, different outputs.

When I insert the same plug in Ins. A it does the same thing, even though the plugin I normally use in A does NOT do that.

How does that make sense??

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

@david Are you talking about the engineer’s Wedge and IEM outputs? These are fed from the same PAFL bus, but either would get automatically muted depending on the channel or mix assignment to these strips. E.g. if an Aux is assigned to the IEM strip, PAFL’ing this Aux will mute the Wedge strip; if an Aux is assigned to the Wedge strip, PAFL’ing this Aux will mute the IEM strip. In the factory Monitor Show, all mono Auxes are assigned to the Wedge strip, all stereo Auxes are assigned to the IEM strip.
    I don’t see how the Inserts would change this behaviour, but if that’s what you’re experiencing, send us your Show file and reproduce instructions, and we’ll take a look.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.