Input text note

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Input text note

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bill in TN Bill in TN 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bill in TN
    Bill in TN
    Participant

Maybe it’s been asked, maybe I’ve asked… I wish there were a short text note on input channels where I could give a short description. For example if I use a mix rack channel for a specific instrument (let’s say it’s channel 14) but that is patched through to a stage box snake and there is no way I can match all these up. So then I could put a note on input 14 that said “Stage 20 A Sax” to reflect where and what is really connected. With director I could see all my ‘real’ connections and update them when I make changes and like these to stay with the ‘Show’.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

the view button on the surface gives you the ability to find out where is your input coming from

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Bill in TN
    Bill in TN
    Participant

I forgot about this until the other day when I wished I had it again. So I’m not sure you understand my ask… I’d like to be able to add a text string to the I/O socket at the I/O level in dLive which could be seen as a pop up note or similar short text string. I’m not really talking about strip assignment to the dLive I/O which I know is easily found. For example, much of our mix rack physical inputs are patched through to old copper stage boxes with very different numbers. My mix rack input #1 could very well be my stage box #7. If you could keep track of this within dLive it would make life easier when I want to send an instrument through to a dLive I/O channel I could see which of ‘my’ stage box #’s that is.

Make sense ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.