Input Signal Crossover

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Input Signal Crossover

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 2 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dmarkley
    dmarkley
    Participant

I’m currently using an SQ-5 with an older XLR snake and having a strange phenomenon with my click track being audible in my main mix even though it is not assigned to my main mix. I run my vocals, click, and pad off of this same snake so it could be a snake cross talk issue, but I’m also wondering if it is a mapping issue. What happens is I have my click track un-assigned from my main LR mix so that the congregation doesn’t hear the click and then have the click track assigned to all my aux mixes for my in ear monitors. The strange thing is that I’m still hearing the click in the mains but at a very low volume. The only way it completely goes away is if I mute the channel, which also mutes the channel in my aux mixes, or if I mute all my vocal channels which are hooked into the same snake. Am I possibly having a cross over situation in the board or is it likely my XLR snake allowing signal to jump around to different channels and still transmit that signal to my SQ-5 via the vocal channels?

I will be replacing this snake with the DX168 in a couple weeks, but I’d still like to figure this one out just as a learning experience.

Thanks for any advice.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I think it is the snake…if you routed everything correct in the desk.
    You can check if there is a bus routed to the main mix by accident.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.