Input patching QU-Drive

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Input patching QU-Drive

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andy
    Andy
    Participant

I often do live recording direct to a HD (when 18 channels are eonugh) or via MacBook. It works perfect, but there’s still one thing I’m missing.

If I route for example input 10 to USB Output 8, it will be played back always through channel 10 at the desk. I’d like to have an input patching for the USB inputs as well, so the signals will come back to the same channel from where they were recorded.

I don’t know, if this is possible, but if, it will make a great console even greater 😉

Andy

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

cf + dSnake routing.
    Are you sure it doesn’t route it back to Channel 8?

Profile photo of Andy
    Andy
    Participant

Sorry .. my mistake… I confused the numbers … track 8 always will be routed to channel 8 .. but in this example I’d like to get the signal into channel 10, where the recorded signal came from.

Andy

Profile photo of Tone
    Tone
    Participant

Hey I’m new to the QU-16 and new to recording. I just purchased it a while back, but I like to try to set up an external compressor into my as an insert, but I know there are know insert channesls. so bottom is this still a possibility if not then is there any way I can set up my external compressor to my signal flow.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

You can either run it in the analogue domain, before the QU is touched, or you can burn a mix and another channel for the return.
    Note that the FX1/2 mixes on the QU16 can be routed to either the Alt-Out or any dSnake outputs.

Profile photo of kleins123
    kleins123
    Participant

I strongly agree. You should be able to record multitrack to QuDrive and play it back through the same patched channels. This would allow virtual rehearsal for modifying “processing settings” and training. This looks like a bug or feature that wasn’t completely implemented. Since it allows me to patch input channels to tracks 1-18 for QuDrive recording, it should also allow for patching recorded tracks to any channel. Or better yet, allow full 32 track recording on the QuDrive.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

32 on QuDrive is likely to never happen. It’s 18 for a reason..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.