Input-Delay doesn't affect Monitor Mixes

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Input-Delay doesn't affect Monitor Mixes

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

Hey there! Not sure if I’m missing something.. when I delay one of my Input Channels (let’s say an audio-input from a video feed) this only affects the MAIN-Out.. not Monitor-Mix-Outputs!?

With my Qu-16 I realized 2 Delaylines with Post-Fader Mixes. The Input-Delay of my Video Feed does just affect the Front PA and not the delaylines!
    I’ve got the latest firmware but I can’t tell you If it’s a bug or if I’m just expecting something that doesn’t have to be!? ;D

In my case.. there was a Video Feed that was delayed on the screens. So I wanted to adjust the audio-delay matching the video signal. Unfortunately I had to add the same delay that I used on the Main Speaker as well to the MIX1 and MIX2 out.. but then for the Speech it was adjusted wrong.. so I ended up just using the Front PA for the video feed with the delay compensated at the Input-Channel and used the delaylines just in connection with the MC.

Your thoughts?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Thought the delay was before the mix sends, but I’d have to check the block diagram from the manual..

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

I’m an Idiot! Thanks Bob! After checking the block diagram: Delay is only included if I set the Global Output source per mix to “post all”!

Thanks for your help!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

‘s OK – it’s one of those issues with the fabulous configurability of the QU.

It’s why the block diagram sits on my wall…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.