Input Channel Library

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Input Channel Library

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MikeF MikeF 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bob
    Bob
    Participant

And the really good news is … it’s here .. at last ! SQ-5

The various Factory Libraries are empty so I have been creating favorite settings for the Preamps, EQs, Gates, etc. These are being stored in the User Library.

I’ve also been saving the various channel configurations (i.e. Kick, HiHat, Snare, Bass, etc.) in the Input Channel Library.

However, when an Input Channel is recalled from the Library, the channel name (i.e. Kick) is not recalled.

Is this an omission … or operator error ?

Profile photo of MikeF
    MikeF
    Participant

Greetings – I’m new around here and after doing a few searches have not found what I’m looking for. I have an SQ6. Is there a way to Store all the channel parameters in a library entry or must I store EQ, Compressors, gates and Pre-amps in different libraries?

Also, Is there a way to preview a setting before you dump it into a channel?
    (I liked this feature on the Presonus 32 channel board I’m transitioning from)

Thanks in advance.
    So much to learn.
    Mike

Profile photo of Bob
    Bob
    Participant

Hi Mike:

The Input Channel Library stores all of the channel parameters (except the scribble strip name) for a particular channel under whatever name you may choose. i.e. Kick, Snare, etc. Select a channel, press Processing, press Library.

There are Factory channel settings to get you started and you can readily create your own User channel settings.

If I need to preview the settings for a channel, I simply drop it into channel 40 since it is seldom used.

Profile photo of MikeF
    MikeF
    Participant

Thanks – I’ll check it out and see if it works for me.

Profile photo of MikeF
    MikeF
    Participant

Ok – Back to the SQ6 and sure enough if you select a channel and go to Processing then to library you can save all Channel settings. Where I was having problems was – I was in the EQ or Comp screen and you pull up a separate library for each individual attribute.
    Every day I learn with this thing.

Thanks Again.
    Mike
    Encounter Church of Palmyra

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.