Infocomm

This topic contains 28 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of eotsskleet eotsskleet 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Posted here but this is general. Just taking a survey to see what your hopes are for AH to show at Infocomm. I have my wish list. What others are there?

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

Looking forward to the new AR1608 rack!
    Firmware update for Qu16 with channel naming
    Firmware update for GLD with more flexibel softkey commands
    iLive2?
    Merchandise shop? 😉

Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

+1 for the 1608.

Any of the following in a GLD firmware update:
    -iPad and softkey control of recording
    -Sidechain gate/ducking

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

I’d really like a Soundcraft FaderGlow style thing where the channel LCD colours would follow the currently “MIX’d” master LCD colour. As an option.

You’ll never forget what mix you’re in with this:

Chris

dcongdon
    Participant

Pop groups and virtual* channel strips would be nice too.

*By virtual, I mean additional channel strips that are not assigned a physical socket. We often patch a physical input to multiple channel strips in order to have independent processing (helpful for IEMs and stage wedges). However, doing this eats up our available channels. Having 48 physical inputs + 24 virtual channel strips would be very useful.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I have not thought a great deal on GLD. The 1608 interface sounds good.

I am hoping for a QU32. Something to sell against Midas and Behringer. Channel naming getting to be imperative with that many inputs. Wish they would do a single line scribble strip like SC48 or other products. Just simple small matrix display. Should have been in 16 and 24.

iLive 2? Sure. That is needed for high end uses. Lot of competition in that market.

dcongdon
    Participant

A&H has given a sneak peak on facebook for an upcoming launch at infocomm. It looks to me like we can expect a 32 channel QU (sad to not see channel names on the screen) and an AR1608. Hope to also see some GLD/iLive attention and possibly firmware updates. Attached are the images posted by A&H.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I was expecting a QU32. I really find it hard to believe they at least are not putting names on the screen. I think I have lost sales over this one problem. Pretty much all dig boards have it. A simple scribble strip with 5-6 characters would have been fine. Really sad.

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

The Qu picture up on the main website now has a lot less of the blue bottom and is very clearly 32 channel. I would personally just go with a GLD at that sort of input count but I can see how a Qu-32 would be an attractive option for churches looking to replace 32-channel analog boards with something digital that retains a lot of the same look and feel.

There’s just one custom layer on the Qu so I would argue that scribble strips would increase the cost of the console without adding a whole lot of benefit to their typical market. The Soundcraft Si performer series and some variants of the Behringer X32 (Producer, X32-TP) don’t have them either.

Profile photo of strat
    strat
    Participant

I had a QU 16, Ended up selling it because of no scribble strips, Don’t get me wrong, I really liked it , But for me, I work with alot of different artist and it is a must to have scribble strips, I also own an ilive and any kind of updates are pretty much a dead issue, For being their top dog, They have pretty much left us out to dry, seems like A&H are more focused on the GLD & QU Lines, I finally sold my T112 AND THE idr32 is the next one to go.

dcongdon
    Participant

scribble strips would definitely put the QU series above other entry digital mixers like the Si Expression (I’m going to ignore the x32 in this conversation…). I would be interested in a QU if it had channel naming on the screen. That would be enough for me.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t, so I am holding out for a GLD-R72 to add to my GLD systems.

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

The Qu image on the A&H landing page is as jcarter says clearly a Qu-32. It says so on the preamp tab. I think I can also see a pencil or something above the preamp knob. Given recent hearsay in another thread that Qu is apparently getting channel names, I’m betting it’s that.

Looking at the preamp tab in that image and comparing it to 1.4, it does in fact look significantly different.

dcongdon
    Participant

Thanks for posting, mervaka. Went back to the photo and I can see the pencil icon as well. Maybe channel naming is coming after all. Here’s hoping.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Could the blank areas on some product pages be an indication of things to come?

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

A small stage box kind of like an AR133 with XLRs on the top and a cat5 connector would be cool for dropping at drum kits and keyboards.

Chris

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.