Individual Mute Group Overrides

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Individual Mute Group Overrides

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 9 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Wilts
    Wilts
    Participant

I’m just starting out with a QU-32 and have found the mute group functionality a bit frustrating.

Coming from a GL2200 analogue desk, I was looking forward to having mute groups to stop me having to hit 10 mutes every time our worship band finished a song. Having played with the mute groups, I have found them to be a limiting since they are either all off or on. What I would really like is to be able to mute all the channels and then turn on one or two. For example, often our guitarist will start playing and then the other instruments will join in. With the GL2200, in order to stop handling noise (we have some woodwind instruments with clip on mics), I would leave all the other musicians muted until they have picked up their instruments and were about to start playing.

Hence, ideally I would like the workflow to be:
    a) Mute group mutes all lines
    b) Pressing an individual channel mute one makes the mute permanent
    c) Pressing it a second time turns the mute off
    d) Releasing the mute group then un-mutes the remaining channels

Would others fine this useful?

Paul

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

So flashing red for a mute grouped channel, solid red for individually muted.

Press the channel mute to toggle between solid red and off, if the mute group is enabled the flashing option comes into the toggle sequence?

Profile photo of Wilts
    Wilts
    Participant

That would be another way of doing it. Basically I’m looking for some flexibility to be able to override group mutes on a per channel basis. Another situation that is common is that someone comes up to do a reading and instead of using the stand mic, they use a singing mic*. It would be good just to un-mute that channel rather than the complete singers mute group.

Paul

(*etiquette prevents me shouting “Nooooo” from the PA desk at the back of the church).

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Just leave it silent and point to the lecturn…

Service leaders will soon get the idea.

That’s a bit harsh, but a stern talking with service leaders, and encouraging ‘readers practice’ could go a long way?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.