Individual FX-send to fader?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Individual FX-send to fader?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Pidermite Pidermite 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Pidermite
    Pidermite
    Participant

Is it possible to assign individual send to faders?

What I want to do is to have two delays and two reverbs to lead vocals and chanege their levels very fast from a song part to another. And same time change dirty voc to clens. That’s impossible via menu-surfing. Do not want to do this via scenes etc as levels dirref very mauch according to space.

Done this with Yamaha (QL/CL) using 3rd party MIDI-controller, probably would work with A&H as well, but could be nice to have this feature inside the console.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

wich Qu? what you mean with individual?

SteffenR
    Participant

btw… no menu surfing involved… I don’t get it

maybe you should read the manual first

Pidermite
    Participant

Did read the manual, did not find the answer. I want to have my four fx-sends (2 x dly, 2 x rev) of lead vox on surface all the time. Asked for SQ, but why not in other product lines as well 😉

SteffenR
    Participant

wich QU?
    QU-16 has only two dedicated FX sends
    QU-SB and QU-PACK have no faders at all

and no it’s not possible
    I guess you play an instrument at the same time….

on SQ you have the possibility to select a channel and then press “CH to All Mix” button and now you have all your mixes to that channel on the surface…
    but you have to hold the button…for this mode… and this has reasons…
    we don’t wont to change that behaviour just to fit your need and make the live for all others much harder

Pidermite
    Participant

I think I mentioned that I want to make adjustments in FX-sends AND channels at very same moment. Dirty voc down, clean voc up, short delay down, lond delay and reverb up…

I think it should not be a big issue (at least in programming point of view) to make individual sends possible to assign them to faders. As well as any parameter f ex to user knobs. Of course it’s possible that the basic arcitechture of the operating system limits this possibility.

And my question was: If this is possible? I assumed not as there was no mention in manual.

And I messed the product line, what i meant was SQ-series.

Cheers

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

You can assign the fx send/return faders to your custom layer, placing them right next to the vocal channel fader.

SteffenR
    Participant

You can assign the fx send/return faders to your custom layer, placing them right next to the vocal channel fader.

thats not what he wants to do

Pidermite
    Participant

This is exactly, what I’ve done, but I do not want to adjust the fx send/ret masters, but the sends of (one) individual channel 😉

SteffenR
    Participant

and still this is not possible

this would break up the conceps of the console itself… this will make the Mix buttons useless and would introduce uncommon behaviour
    we already discussed this earlier this year

and there where suggestions from different users as work arounds

try to search…

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Does the answer given in the SQ section by https://community.allen-heath.com/members/mfk0815/
    Work for you?

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@Pidermite

WHICH QU are you using ?

The manual is difficult to find information in for sure.
    Almost always the info is in there somewhere, but NOT all the time, and often when it is there it is hard to find as there is no index nor cross reference but merely a TOC which is far short of a true index for usefulness.

Pls try to rephrase the question and be more specific and complete.
    I do not see the problem you seem to have.
    We use a Qu32 so again which Qu do you use and exactly what is your real problem.

Or do you really have an SQ? Same question comes up in both forums.
    There was an answer there although the link from above does not seem to go to the question or answer.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

It seems like he has an SQ.

I was certain I posted a response here how to do crude work around to do what he wants to
    do on a QU mixer and how to use all four FX slots on a QU16.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@mikec

I saw some responses in the SQ discussion.
    But Marks link went to Klaus’ info page not the message.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Not sure how I did that, sorry.

Try:

Individual FX-send to fader?

but if this is no better, it’s the 3rd post in the thread “Individual FX-send to fader?”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.