Increase Scene limit

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Increase Scene limit

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of airickess airickess 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

I’d like to see the number of Scenes raised from its current limit of 100. I’m considering purchasing a Qu-Pac to replace my current computer-based setup for a regular client who does musicals. My last musical gig with them required 155 separate scenes for mic pickups (it was a very busy show with lots of single lines of dialogue). I don’t know what kind of memory requirements this will take, but if the scene count could be raised then that would almost certainly sway me towards the Qu-Pac purchase.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Was there an interval?
    Simply consider it as two shows…

Do none of those scenes overlap? Slightly harder to manage if they do, but still possible (particularly if you have computer assistance – the scenes can be recalled by midi…

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I wonder is a longer cue list on a USB stick would be possible……

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Kind of – but loading/unloading is a bit of a pain unless you load/unload a whole show – which is why I suggest splitting at the interval.

The difficulty of moving scenes around also makes for the irritation of when a director adds a small scene at the last moment…

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I meant whether it could be added in future update.

airickess
    Participant

My computer-based mixing system doesn’t have a scene limit, so there is no issue there. My issue with it is carrying around a rack full of mic pres and computer system parts – it’s heavy and there are many connection points that can become points of failure.
    A Qu-Pac would be a very elegant replacement for my current system. I have thought about scene management using a Qu-Pac in this situation, and splitting up shows into two sets of scenes occurred to me as a viable option, but I’m not certain I want to load scenes into the mixer while it is active (with intermission music and possible announcements). Also, [XAP]Bob brings up a very good point about moving around scenes. In a single season we might do 8 different productions of the same show, with 8 different locations, 8 different casts and 8 slightly different scripts. In this scenario, shuffling around scenes easily is a necessity. My computer-based mixing system has the ability to move scenes and edit scenes easily. A scene editor, or at least the ability to move scenes up and down the list easily, would make Qu-Pac a much more attractive piece of gear for my use.
    FYI, my scenes vary in my shows and can consist of a single mic pickup for one line in an otherwise lengthy scene or they can consist of bringing up an entire chorus of 24 wireless.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

If you are happy with the computer then you can load stuff using midi/tcp.

airickess
    Participant

I’m not happy with the weight of the 8-space rack loaded with preamps and computer. I used to use this system for all of my gigs but switched to a Qu-16 for my corporate/small band gigs. Now I can go to those gigs with my console in its case over my shoulder while carrying my 150′ snake in one hand (AB168). That’s the type of portability I am seeking for this theater gig.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.