import stereo / multitrack on usb drive

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions import stereo / multitrack on usb drive

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wolfgang Wolfgang 6 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ronnie_p
    ronnie_p
    Participant

I can’t figure out a way to import a multitrack to usb drive, and the refence guide has little info on this. I tried 16 tracks of mono 96khz 32 bit .WAV files in AHSQ/USBMTK/SQ-MT001 map , but they don’t load on the sq5 . What am I doing wrong ?

I also tried playing stereo wav’s : this works but when I have more than 80 songs in the playback file list the sq5 duplicates the last 20 songs several times , is this a bug ?

Profile photo of luxtec
    luxtec
    Participant

On my SQ-5 the Stereo Playback doesn´t work with any file format. Wich file format do you use for stereo playback and how did you create these files?

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

of course, it doesn’t work with every file format.
    that’s what the manual says.

ronnie_p
    Participant

I used an ancient program called audiograbber , which rips wav’s from cd . Most of my music is mp3 but converting it to wav didn’t work in most cases , lots of distortion

Wolfgang
    Participant

I used “audiograbber” in the past, it didn’t really work from Win7 on.

too bad, that was a simple and reliable program with which I surely converted hundreds of my CDs to mp3.

the SQ only reads wav-files anyway…

Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

Record a ~10s of nothing to the usb drive. Then use audacity to look at hte file. Then you can convert into that format. Make sure file names are exactly the same.

ronnie_p
    Participant

@ wolfgang : No problems here with audiograbber (win10) , install in c:/audiograbber instead of c:/program files/audiograbber
    @ Lightingman117 : Gonna try this ,I get back to you guys

Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

Also, each track in the multitrack needs to be EXACTLY the same length.

The QU-drive specifications for USB drive recording/playback will be same for SQ (except for 96kHz). Look at the QU forums & documentation for help.

ronnie_p
    Participant

Figured out the multrack thing : not only it needs to be 16 tracks of 96khz wav files of the same filesize , it also has to be 24 bit . Anything else won’t work . Audacity seems to be the way to resample , I use studio one as a daw but when I resample to 24 bit in studio one the files are recognized as 16bit in windows and not played the sq5 ,only audacity sees it as 24 bit : don’t know why ..

Wolfgang
    Participant

@ wolfgang : No problems here with audiograbber (win10) , install in c:/audiograbber instead of c:/program files/audiograbber

Thanks, I’ll try that.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.