Implement Better USB Mass Storage Drivers

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD feature suggestions Implement Better USB Mass Storage Drivers

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GSLC-Tech GSLC-Tech 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

I’d like to see the ability to record and playback audio directly to and from iPad/iPod/iPhone/Android devices.

My ideal workflow would be:

1. Record to USB connected iPad
    2. Edit audio on iPad
    3. Convert to MP3
    4. Upload to Dropbox

At this point, I can do everything except getting the audio files onto the iPad without a computer, which is what I don’t have budget and space for at this time.

Updating the iPad app to record and store the files on the iPad would get me to my end goal as well.

If the USB drivers could be updated to allow IOS and Android to be seen as mass storage, all would be great. It could also allow playback directly from those devices.

Thanks,
    MJ

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I don’t have a GLD, however have been using the QU…
    Using the ipad camera adaptor does the ipad “see” the GLD?
    Have you tried Auria Pro App in iPad?

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

The iPad camera adapter does not allow it to see the GLD nor does the GLD see it. Same when connecting Android devices.

Unfortunately Apple does not see fit to allow IOS to see anything other than image files through the camera adapter or that would have been my solution. It appears that app developers would need to code their own USB drivers (if that can even be done) to allow them to import audio from a USB stick, does Auria Pro allow that?

Thanks for the suggestion!
    MJ

Profile photo of GSLC-Tech
    GSLC-Tech
    Participant

Poor mans solution can be found here:

You could then go through through the headphone jack.

You might be able to use an M-Audio interface that can take in an XLR connection (we use an AUX out). It does have USB out which might help. It also has RCA outs, but I could not find an RCA to mic cable.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘GLD feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.