iLive-T112 White Screen on Boot issue

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting iLive-T112 White Screen on Boot issue

This topic contains 15 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ardian Ardian 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RevTim
    RevTim
    Participant

We are having the “white screen” issue when trying to turn on power to the iLive. I see that we should try replacing the cmos battery.

QUESTION: How do we access/find the battery?

Thanks!

Profile photo of RevTim
    RevTim
    Participant

Located and replaced the battery. Still boots to white screen. Ideas?

Profile photo of ceki
    ceki
    Participant

the same as what I experienced … I think there is a problem with the SBC board where it doesn’t boot, have I tried restarting the SBC board touchscreen?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of RevTim
    RevTim
    Participant

How do I reboot the screen if it is all white? I can’t see where to touch.

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

When you have the white screen you have to first replace the backup battery on the mainboard who is located under the touchscreen.
    unfortunately this is soldered to the mainboard. I removed it and soldered two leads with a battery holder for future easy replacement. i think it is a CR2032 but it is indicated on the old battery.
    Then you have to connect a keyboard and monitor screen to the usb/vga-output.
    When you power on the surface you have to enter the BIOS for the mainboard ( press F2 or F10 or something: it is indicated on the startupscreen)
    go into the video screen settings and change the resolution to 800*640 (SVGA?) save and restart. touchscreen should be working normal.
    Lieven

Profile photo of Tibor
    Tibor
    Participant

Same problem here…

Questions:
    When i enter the bios set.up it requires a password, what is the default password to enter bios set.up

Profile photo of Mitchell
    Mitchell
    Participant

If you remove the CMOS battery (which requires at least de-soldering it, but might be easier to just cut or repeatedly bend the leads to break them), I suspect the need for a password will be cleared so you won’t need it.

Profile photo of Zareq
    Zareq
    Participant

I have changed the cmos battery and i did try to plug in keyboard and monitor,it does not detect the two of the device but the motherboard is just working fine so what is the problem?

Profile photo of Loertsch
    Loertsch
    Participant

Admin removed this post as this info is sensitive and should not be in the public domain.

Sorry. While we appreciate your contributions to this topic, we’d prefer not to have customers potentially tampering with the bios on our products.

Profile photo of Joergger
    Joergger
    Participant

Hello,

Could someone tell me how to open the backside fully to get to the battery out?!
    I can see it, cause I opened up the highest backpanell, but to solder the battery out, I have to pull out the whole thing.

Thanks for help…

Best wishes,
    Jörg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Joergger
    Participant

Hello, is their anybody out there?
    😂

Profile photo of Bärchen
    Bärchen
    Participant

Hello Jörg,

Yes, it is advisable to remove the whole board. In my case, the board (Fujitsu) was fixed with TX10 screws, but the CR2032 was not soldered but socketed. However, there are different versions of the board. Are you from Germany?

Many greetings

Bear

Joergger
    Participant

Hello
    And thx. Yes from germany. We just had changed the bios battery but no result.
    Lg Jörg

Profile photo of fender_jazz_72
    fender_jazz_72
    Participant

I’ve had some luck with my T112 having previously had the white screen error.
    I found online the manual for my SBC, the fujitsu one, & noticed the front panel conector wasn’t used in the ilive. I took a chance & connected a PC power switch to the front panel header & miraculously the SBC beeped into life! Hastily I connected a keyboard & monitor & noticed that the BIOS had reverted to it’s default state, so I replaced the battery, set the bios date & time, set the boot device to the CF card & after a couple of reboots & a couple of bios changes everything is now working as normal.

Profile photo of Joel
    Joel
    Participant

Where did you connect the PC power switch to? I can’t see any indicators on the Fujitsu as to where/how to connect a PC power switch. Please advise if you can!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.