iLive preamp failures

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting iLive preamp failures

This topic contains 20 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ddff_lv ddff_lv 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David Haughton
    David Haughton
    Keymaster

Just testing. Please ignore

Profile photo of David Haughton
    David Haughton
    Keymaster

Testing again. Please ignore. Thanks.

Profile photo of Sparky
    Sparky
    Participant

Hi, did anybody get to the bottom of this, I have similar problems with gain on preamps, did anybody find out what the 24v mod was or the 10 euro fix kit.

Any help would be great.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Still actual? I might look up the kit code

Profile photo of batManu
    batManu
    Participant

So, the kit exists, according to A&H tech, but getting it in my country was impossible! It technically would have cost me €35 a set (needed 2) and A&H UK told me to talk to their distributor in my country and purchase it from them!

I got in touch with them, they told me it is available, gave me the price, I agreed and put in a written order. They told me it would take 3-4 weeks because they don’t have a lot of shipments in that period, I agreed because I’ve been sitting on the issue for a while and could wait another month. Long story short, despite calling every other week and being told that it missed the shipping or whatever BS reason, after 6 months I gave up. I started the process in January 2018… It’s been 18 months.

Anyway, finally asked a friend who is a wiz with electronics and he was able to check and fix all of them, the cost was about €20 plus labor (which he didn’t tax me for) but he did tell me it was a bit of a headache to unsolder the old broken parts and solder the new ones… Lack of Pb in the solder made it difficult!

Anyway, not sure how to help you, but I would recommend finding a good electronist and I understand that the parts are generic so if he/she knows what they are doing, it should be an easy fix!

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

That is true, the parts are really catalog items, nothing fancy.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.