iLive Editor Surface Emulations

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions iLive Editor Surface Emulations

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Underscore Underscore 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

I have a question about iLive Editors surface emulations. I have a show this weekend where I’m using two surfaces/racks in a Mains/Monitor digital split via a pair of ACE cards. I did my setup in Editor in “Offline” mode and wanted to load the Shows into the Mixracks and verify that everything was going to work. Because the Mixracks are controllable without the Surfaces, I left the Surfaces in the truck.

I’m using an IDR-48 as Master for monitors and an IDR-32 as the slave for FOH. Both Racks and my computer are on separate IP addresses:
    IDR-48: 192.168.1.1
    IDR-32: 192.168.1.4
    Computer: 192.168.1.33 (DHCP is off)
    I’m using the short CAT-5 bridge cables between the network ports of each ACE card and its Mixrack.

My computer can see both Racks and I can run two instances of Editor, but it seems that Editor can only successfully do one Surface Emulation. No matter which Editor Instance I load first, the second Surface Emulation doesn’t load. On the “Select Surface Configuration” screen, the first Instance of Editor shows all three options, but the second instance only shows “Online Surface and Mix Rack”. Is it possible to run two Instances of Editor with their own separate Surface emulations?

-thanks, Mark

Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

My gut tells me probably not.
    One way you might could try would be to use a VM for your 2nd instance of editor that you want to run, if you laptop has the horsepower for such an endeavor.
    Not sure how the physical network interface would handle the traffic to both editor instances, as far as the IDR rack connections are concerned it would be no different than having 2 laptops on the network.

Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

Thanks for the thoughts, Underscore. The interesting part is that the one laptop has no problem running two instances of Editor and controlling two Mixracks. If I leave the “Surface” tab off and just mix from the “Inputs” and “Mix” view, everything works fine.The only thing not working is the Surface emulation on the second Editor instance. I’ll see how it works tomorrow with a Surface connected to each rack.

-Mark

Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

The issue is more than likely with the Java that the program uses. Just because you may have two instances of editor running, it may only be allowing 1 instance of Java to run, if you follow where I’m going here.
    Only the programmers would really know for sure.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.