iLive connection to Church (Cisco) network for MP3 and Streaming

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions iLive connection to Church (Cisco) network for MP3 and Streaming

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Elphie Elphie 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GreenLantern
    GreenLantern
    Participant

Hello everyone. Has anyone successfully connected an iLive iDR-48 and T112 to a regular Cisco network?

We would like to share/save an AUX mix out in MP3 format to allow downloads at a later time, and eventually send it to a Streaming provider.

To do so, we are planning to connect the iDR-48 to the Cisco ‘church’ network (vlan). The T112 will still connect to the MixRack via the ACE port.
    For this to work, I am planning to change the IP addresses of the 3 devices to static addresses on the Cisco network.

Am I on the right track?

Is anyone else saving or streaming the audio from the iLive out to the Internet, and how did you accomplish it?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Regards,
    Jim

Profile photo of Elphie
    Elphie
    Participant

You’re not quite on the right track if you want to record things.

You need a recording device to make a recording. Connecting your iLive to your network will not help you accomplish this, unless you’re using Dante. Even with Dante you’ll still need a recording device, like a computer.

Live streaming is similar, but different. You can’t stream audio direct from an iLive to the Internet. You need to connect it to a “streaming box” that handles the streaming side of things.

Our setup consists of a Mac Mini connected to the Internet. On it we run Ustream. Also connected to the Mac is our camera. We run an Aux feed out of our T112 into the camera, which then connects via HDMI into a Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt, then into our Mac. We do it this way as we stream video & audio. If you just wanted audio, you could connect to a computer straight from the iLive.

Alternatively, you could get a little Zoom recorder and record a little 2 track recording from an Aux. Edit the file and upload it to your church website. We also do this.

Hope this helps,
    Michael

Profile photo of GreenLantern
    GreenLantern
    Participant

Thanks, Michael. I am sure this information will help when we get to those steps.
    I’d like to back the discussion up to the very first step(s); is there any issue connecting to a normal Cisco switch/router based network?
    Does it perform without issue if it includes video and lighting on the same Vlan (network) as the iLive?
    Some documentation indicates it should be isolated. Is that a non-negotiable?

Has anyone combined Audio, Video and Lighting control on the same Vlan? Are there any issues?

Thanks again for your suggestions and sharing any experiences.
    Regards,
    Jim

Profile photo of Elphie
    Elphie
    Participant

I wouldn’t combine anything on the same VLAN as audio control or audio routing. It’s a recipe for disaster. I’d also make sure the QoS is configured correctly on your network to ensure things don’t get messed up. Audio needs to be very high in the list of network priorities. Latency is your enemy. That can be a risk, depending what else you’re running on your network and the capacity of your switches. I’d also have audio isolated from the rest of your DHCP infrastructure too. The last thing you need is a misconfigured PC on your network killing your iLive. If you’re using real Cisco gear (not the domestic Linksys rebranded stuff), your network person should be able to determine the best setup for you.

What advantage are you looking for from integrating your audio control network into your existing infrastructure?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.