Ilive batteries, how long are they supposed to last?

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions Ilive batteries, how long are they supposed to last?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mark Oakley Mark Oakley 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

I have several ilives ….. 2xr72 and 2xidr32 racks! they don’t see much use anymore but still at 10 years old I’ve seen posts where the screen had issues related to the bios battery or similar, I want to put the boards out on a series of “zoom” style shows next week, how long should i expect them to function ok ? is it based on years “age” or running time average or other??……

thx

R

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

I would open them up and replace them if they haven’t been replaced yet. My iLives are also 10 years old and I needed to replace the button batteries for the bios in those. Note they are hard soldered to the main board and once re[laced there is a procedure to boot up again! Something to do with the screen correct resolution. Info should be available on this from your supplier or A&H support.

On my T112 I took an extra step and put a remote battery holder so that replacement if needed again can be done simply.

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Like this picture:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@stix

That is well past the life of any battery that an OEM would have chosen to use in a design of such type gear.

I would have the dealer replace the battery. Especially if you plan to keep using the ilive for much longer.

While it might last a while longer they are more likely to do a sudden fail now at at that age when you are using the device.

Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

Those batteries should be replaced every 5 years to be safe, although I’ve had them last for over 10.

And Stix: thanks for posting that picture: the battery looks to be easily accessible by removing the side panel. The picture is reversed though; the battery is on the right-hand side of the board by the talkback mic input/headphone volume control.

-Mark

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

And Stix: thanks for posting that picture: the battery looks to be easily accessible by removing the side panel. The picture is reversed though; the battery is on the right-hand side of the board by the talkback mic input/headphone volume control.

That’s easier than getting to the battery in a GLD!

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

The picture isn’t reversed. As I mentioned I put in a custom battery holder to make any future replacement easier behind the right mixer side panel. The original factory position of the battery was on the right side of the board beside it.

Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

Hey Stix:
    So sorry; you’re absolutely right! I thought the mixer was sitting on its back, but the channel LED’s are below the control section, not above. It’s been so long since I’ve seen my iLives I’m forgetting what they look like.

-Mark

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.