ILive 176 modular with IDR 10

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions ILive 176 modular with IDR 10

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of blazee1 blazee1 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of blazee1
    blazee1
    Participant

Hai, Can anybody tell me how to setup ilive 176 modular with IDR 10 with Ace card option Remote Audio 2. Its urgent please.
    Its saying control failed.

As it is ACE i connected only one cat 5 cable. But its not working.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi,

Where are you based? I’d recommend you contact our local distributor for immediate assistance, but here are a few tips:

– Make sure you have bridged the ACE card ‘Control Network’ port into one of the Network ports, at both the iDR and Surface side.
    – Reset the network settings of both rack and Surface by holding down the recessed Reset switch on the CPU (Network) module whilst powering up.
    – Check you are running the same firmware version on rack and Surface. If needed, download the latest version from our website and update the devices.
    – Try a shorter Cat5e cable if none of the above help. Should this fail too, try connecting the iDR10 Network to the Surface Network (bypassing ACE) – this way you should get full control of the iDR but no local audio.

Remember you can always drive the iDR off Editor or MixPad should the Surface still fail to connect.

Should you need clarification on any of the above, check out the iLive training videos on our Youtube channel.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of blazee1
    blazee1
    Participant

Thank you so much Nicola. I will try this today.

Profile photo of blazee1
    blazee1
    Participant

I am working in Dubai. We have a client who has bought iLive176 (modular) with IDR 10.

The IDR 10 is the old black one with ACE card option, not the new blue Rack extra 2.

The problem is there is no sound coming from the output. Through the headphones also. The Signal is showing in the channel and in the master fader.

We did the connection as you said. One cat 5 cable from the idr 10’s ACE 1 to the ilive 176’s ACE 1. They have also connected a cat5 from the network 1 to bridge control network of ACE card on the idr 10 as well as the surface.

They have resetted the 176, idr10 and the touch screen and its ip address shows

Mix rack – 192.168.1.1
    Surface – 192.168.1.2
    Touch screen- 192.168.1.3

Firmware versions are – touch screen – 1.83
    surface – 1.83
    Mix rack – 1.83

Then i told them to select channel 1 and assign the channel by going to preamp and selcting idr mix rack slot A 1. The signal is showing in the channel and also at the master faders. The client wanted the output from the mixer’s local output. so just to check they have assigned D1 and 2 as main L R by going to the output page. its patched and applied. But they say no sound is coming through the speaker. there is no sound coming from the headphones also. In the output page on the heading port A ace its showing channel 33 and redundant link currently enabled.
    Is there anything that i am missing, that i need to do. Please guide me Nicola.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

You should really contact Tech Support. Please submit a ticket with all the information above to our UK Support team here:
    https://allen-heath.helpserve.com/default/

Profile photo of blazee1
    blazee1
    Participant

I did Nicola. Yesterday afternoon. My ticket #MYR-140-86338. But havent got a response till now. The client is calling me. Is there any other way to contact them like through skype or something. Thanks.

Profile photo of blazee1
    blazee1
    Participant

I got a reply from Allen Heath Technical support yesterday evening to send the showfile. Thank you Nicola for your help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.