iDR48 not recalling settings on Powercycle

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting iDR48 not recalling settings on Powercycle

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bärchen Bärchen 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Paul
    Paul
    Participant

Greetings, I have an iDR48 that doesn’t recall last settings on power cycle. The console buss/input structure is the same, but all settings and fx racks are defaulted.

If I recall the show, all settings are there.

This mixrack usually runs headless and musicians just use oneMix for IEMs, so it’s a bit of a pain to connect a laptop to save and recall the show.

Any ideas?

Profile photo of maddog-ware
    maddog-ware
    Participant

Hi,

same issue here. Do you solved it?

best regards

Profile photo of Bärchen
    Bärchen
    Participant

Memory battery defective? There is a VARTA 2.4 V battery on the mainboard.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    maddog-ware
    Participant

Dear Bärchen,

thanks for your reply. I already did. The old one was weak and did not look good. It worked for three Days. The new one had 2.5V and now dead again. That seems very quick to me, normally the backup battery should last at least months without AC power.

The clock of the IDR48 does not run even if the device is switched on. After power loss, an empty show is always loaded. A specific start show is not set.

best regards / liebe Grüße,
    Jan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Bärchen
    Bärchen
    Participant

Hi Jan, the leaking battery didn’t look good at all. The liquid may be causing a fault in the battery charging circuitry.

maddog-ware
    Participant

That’s not the answer I wanted to hear 😀 Does this liquid conduct or can it etch the conductors?

I will measure the current once with a new battery in the off state. I can also check the charging voltage once.

Profile photo of Bärchen
    Bärchen
    Participant

yes, exactly. This is a NiMh cell, the liquid is corrosive. I would measure the discharge current and also check whether there is a charging voltage at all, this should be at least 3 volts and also measure the charging current

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.