IDR10 new failure mode

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting IDR10 new failure mode

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of millst millst 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

Hi

I experienced a fairly disturbing failure mode with an iLive Modular during a large outdoor concert on Saturday.

Setup was:

– iLive 112
    – IDR10 with ACE to surface and DANTE option card for monitors (ME) and recording.
    – MEU Hub with 9 ME1’s

We basically lost control of the surface, audio continued to pass, however there was no error or loss of connection on the surface. It continued to look like everything was functioning fine.
    I confirmed that it was not limited to the surface, a laptop also connected to the rack also looked like it was working fine. However, if you performed a function (perhaps mute Left Main), it looked like it had muted on the surface / laptop, but the output was not actually muted, audio continued to pass out of the main output. The same occurred for any function, including inputs, effects etc.

I’ve never seen this before but I was wondering if anyone has experienced this before and if so what the cause was.

The issue occurred around 4 times during the show and the only way to fix it was to power down the rack and restart the surface which was very scary.

Regards
    Toby

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi Toby

Sorry you have encountered this issue. Are you running the latest firmware V1.94? This update resolves what sounds like a similar issue.

Cheers

– Jeff, A&H

Profile photo of Leon BigEars A&H
    Leon BigEars A&H

Toby, did you have the iLive network bridged to the ME-U to get the names?

Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

ahhh, yes, I am still running 1.9 because it has been so stable. I shall upgrade immediately.

Leon, with the ME1 issue, yes I was bridged into the iLive network, but I had the import names function turned off as I was crossing channels over a bit. Does this have an impact, even with the import names function turned off?

Toby

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.