I/O Port Out Programming

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting I/O Port Out Programming

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of wirecounter wirecounter 5 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of wirecounter
    wirecounter
    Participant

I programmed one of the outputs, #31, to an aux out, but get no sound in the Aviom A320 channel #16; the A320 is setup in stereo mode so #16 is taking outputs #31 & #32 from the GLD80.

the A320 is connected to a Aviom D800 Dante distribution unit which is connected to the GLD80 M-DANTE card.

dSNAKE input sockets port sound through no problem.

Please provide me with some guidance if you know what the issue is.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Dante patch

wirecounter
    Participant

Steffen,

I do not understand your post. Are you indicating that there is a Dante patch available to address this issue?

Please note that dSNAKE input sockets port through fine if you are indicating that the routing set up with the Dante Controller software is the issue. I.e., I programmed dSNAKE input sockets 21 and 22 (microphone) to I/O Out 31 & 32 in the GLD80 and sound is present & controllable at the Aviom A320.

Please elucidate your post.

Mahalo,

Wirecounter

SteffenR
    Participant

if sound is present and controllable at the Aviom what is your problem?

you know what patching means? in the audio buisness?
    Or maybe it has something to do with the type of sound?
    Phase reversed on one side?

maybe you have to think about your description… can’t find out where your problem really is…

wirecounter
    Participant

Sound is present and controllable with dSNAKE input socket programmed to the I/O Out, but not if AUX8 is programmed to the I/O Out.

Yes, I know what patching in the audio business is.

It is not type of sound or phase reversal as it is simply digital programming within the GLD80.

Let me describe the problem again:

1. We are trying to assign multiple input signals to one of the I/O Outs as we are limited to 32 Dante channels for the A320 in stereo mode.
    2. We have four background vocals (dSNAKE input sockets 10, 11, 12, and 13) that we assigned to I/O Out 31.

3. Assign AUX8 to an I/O Out since AUX is one of the options for programming it.

4. Mix dSNAKE input sockets 10, 11, 12, and 13 into AUX8.

5. Assign Bank 2, fader 1 to AUX8 and bring the fader up to 0dB.

6. No sound in channel 16 of the A320 (which is Dante channels 31 & 32).

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Do you have the aux sends on channels 10~13 turned up for aux 8? If you want those 4 channels in the aux 8 port, make sure that you are sending them to that aux.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Can you hear the audio as expected when you AFL Aux 8 in headphones?

Chris

SteffenR
    Participant

is it assigned to I/O 32 as well and one of these is phase reversed?
    you can phase reverse the output sockets…

wirecounter
    Participant

@ Scott – the AUX8 mix does have the inputs “turned up” with the fader at 0dB which is around where we typically have our mixes in the AUX up to.

@ Chris – have not tried listening with the headphone with AFL AUX8

@ Steffen R – Yes it is assigned to I/O 32 as well. I will check if it is phased reversed, did not think of this.

Mahalo for your kokua guys! We have rehearsal tonight so I will double-check your suggestions and report back. I am 99% sure that there is signal in AUX8 as I recall seeing the meter deflect on AUX8, but that was a couple of weeks ago when I was on team & my memory is not what it used to be.

wirecounter
    Participant

Discovered the following last night:

AUX11 (I mistakenly thought I programmed AUX8) displays no meter deflection nor sound with headphones AFL nor sound at A320.
    a. Inputs 10 to 13 are in AUX11 mix with faders pushed up to 0dB.
    b. Tested signal with mic on input 10 & other AUXes (i.e., AUX 3,4,5,6 & 7) display signal. Selected MIX on input 10 & faders are at same position for AUX 3 to AUX 7 & AUX11.
    c. Deselected MIX on input 10, brought up the fader for input 10 for house mix & signal is now present in AUX11 & in Aviom A320 channel 16. Need to look into this more.
    d. Switched to AUX1 for input 10 to 13 mix and reprogrammed I/O out to AUX1 & mix is now present in A320.

SteffenR
    Participant

your aux mixes (at least Aux11) are post fader, switch it to PRE

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

AUX11 (I mistakenly thought I programmed AUX8) displays no meter deflection nor sound with headphones AFL nor sound at A320.
    a. Inputs 10 to 13 are in AUX11 mix with faders pushed up to 0dB.

It sounds like you haven’t got those channels assigned to that mix. If you have a look in one of the mixes that is working, including the LR, you’ll notice the “ON” indicators in the LCDs for the input channels. You toggle these on and off per mix by pressing “mix” on the mix master, holding down the middle blue assign button and pressing “mix” on the channels. Pre/Post status is changed a similar way with the green button. You can also change this from the processing > routing page.

Chris

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Ignore previous, Steffen is correct, I missed that it worked when you brought up the channel in the LR mix.

https://www.allen-heath.com/media/GLD+Quick+Start+Mixing+Guide.pdf

Chris

wirecounter
    Participant

Mahalo Steffen & Chris! I appreciate your feedback. I will check it this afternoon before our conference.

wirecounter
    Participant

Aloha Steffen! The aux was indeed set to post fader. We changed the programming and all is good.

I sincerely appreciate everyone’s kokua in helping me fix this issue! Mahalo Nui Loa!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.