I/O Expander configurations

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions I/O Expander configurations

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of TJCornish TJCornish 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of TJCornish
    TJCornish
    Participant

A&H has a lot of I/O options for their products, and these are more than a little confusing. Both the SQ and Avantis claim to be able to support two of the 48×16 racks, however I’m not sure how that works as there is only one Slink port. How does this work? Can you use an Ethernet switch on the SLink port? Is there special functionality on one of the DX ports of the 48×16 rack that allows a second to be chained? Or do you need a card to do this?

Is SLink a super-set of GigAce, DX, and the DSnake protocols? If you get the GigAce card, does that effectively give you another SLink port?

Thanks

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I can’t find the information that the Avantis is supporting 2 GX4816

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

For the second gx4816 you wil need a giga ace card in the avantis.

Otherwise gx4816 with 1 dx168 is also 64 in 24 out.

Richard

TJCornish
    Participant

The rack compatibility and quantity showing that the Avantis can handle two 48×16 racks is here:

GX4816

TJCornish
    Participant

Oops – that didn’t work. Trying again: https://www.allen-heath.com/ahproducts/io-gx4816/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.