I live GLD midi control

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions I live GLD midi control

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VOLCANOJEFF
    VOLCANOJEFF
    Participant

Looking to get some info and wisdom from those that use MIDI protocol. Has any one tried to use a Zonek1 as a controller for I live or Gld? The thought would be using 1, 2, 3, or more to act as a simple control surface at a computer running editor in Monitor world controlling Aux outputs. Yes I am a Fader and Knob freak. I love using an I pad or computer but still would love to have faders to fall back on. Would this Work? I ask because I have very little experience with MIDI control on either system.

Thanks for any and all feedback.
    Jeff

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff,

You can use a Xone:K1 as a controller for iLive Editor (not GLD), and map the faders to any Input, Mix or DCA. As you said this relies on Editor running on a computer (and the correct Mix being active in Editor) which is not ideal in fixed installs.

With an iLive I would definitely recommend a PL remote controller or instead: PL6 or PL10 if you need multiple faders / knobs or a simple PL4 for in-room level control / source selection.

GLD Editor doesn’t support MIDI control.

MIDI control of Editor is not to be confused with the iLive / GLD MIDI and TCP protocols, which connect to the mixer directly and don’t have anything to do with Editor. You can use these protocols to program third party controllers such as Crestron or AMX (with some luck you might be able to program a generic MIDI controller like the BCF2000 to send / receive the required NRPN messages but I haven’t tried this).

Hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.