I can't believe I missed this

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions I can't believe I missed this

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lee7 Lee7 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of moth
    moth
    Participant

Hello,

This is my first post. I just received my Qu-24 today; my excitement was quite high and I spent the evening changing out my gear to accommodate the new centerpiece of my studio. But now I’m deflated…if I understand correctly, the Qu series is locked at 48 kHz. I can’t believe I missed that; I had just assumed that sample rates would be selectable. I have terabytes of projects dating back 15 years, all at my chosen sampling rate of 44.1 kHz. Another poster suggested upsampling before working with the files. This isn’t feasible for me as many of my hundreds of projects are 10-20 GB each. Does anyone have a solution for this? I work in Sonar mostly.

I’m very sad to say it looks like I’ll be returning the mixer. I’m sure it would be fine for live use but it looks like it won’t work for studio use and I can’t afford to have two mixers. I hope someone tells me I’m missing something obvious! Otherwise I will have to say goodbye to what looks like a great support community.

Cheers!

–John

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

An another option is to use a program to resample your files to 48khz, not ideal I’m sorry to say and very time consuming.

Lee

Profile photo of nilsemil
    nilsemil
    Participant

Hey moth. Yeah, im in a bit of a similar situation. I think the really interesting thing is if the QU is ABLE to be reprogrammed for changing hertz or if its simply impossible from a tech point of view. A&H reply??

Profile photo of moth
    moth
    Participant

I’d like to know that too…is there any chance of a future firmware update that would add ability to change sample rates?

I’m going to experiment with keeping another soundcard onboard for monitoring my old files, just going analog to the Qu, and then switching to 48 kHz for all new projects. It seems like it might get to feeling pretty inconvenient over time (and of course, convenience was a big reason I chose this board). Argh. I hate to send it back because aside from this issue I’m really liking it. Much nicer than my 15 year old O1V. 🙂

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

A colleague of mine bought the Presonus 16 channel Studiolive board after I had advised him not to do so, yesterday he was asking me how I was likeing the new QU-16. Told him it was probably the best £1700 I had spent in a long time, especially with able to use the iPad for sound checks etc. He said that for him to be able to use his iPad with the Presonus he has to connect up a PC or Mac and for live recording he needs a PC or Mac with Firewire capabilities.

So in fairness I think we have the better deal.

Lee 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.