HPF Sidechain for Compressors.

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions HPF Sidechain for Compressors.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cantona cantona 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of AdamJay
    AdamJay
    Participant

The compressors are great but for bass music production, having an HPF side chain, SSL style, would be very beneficial.
    Variable frequency… 50hz to 200hz, would be ideal.

I’m having to use my FMR Audio RNC with passive inline HPF solution on the master output, instead.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

What is “bass music production” exactly? And why not just go all the way to frequency sensitive compression rather than limit your choice of trigger frequencies?

Profile photo of xonetacular
    xonetacular
    Participant

yes, agreed. only had my qu for a couple days but this is definitely needed.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

No I think we need better compression for ‘vocals’ like ‘DBX’ at this level!

xonetacular
    Participant

The purpose of the master compressor in this context is an effect to create subtle dynamic movement and glue everything together by timing the attack/release settings to work with the elements of the track to add groove/drive. It’s much better to just be able to ignore the heavy low end and have the compressor respond to the rest.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

If using more than a 16, could you achieve what you want by routing all but the heavy bass through a sub group and compressing that?

That said, I want frequency sensitivity & side chains on the comps too. Also – for the same sort of reasons, a multi band compressor available on the effects units to insert when wanted.

xonetacular
    Participant

bass parts and kicks usually also have higher end you would want affected so doesn’t quite work the same

Profile photo of Valentyn L
    Valentyn L
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of cantona
    cantona
    Participant

+1… definitely.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.