How to update my DM64 with the Director editor?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions How to update my DM64 with the Director editor?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of candymanjl candymanjl 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of candymanjl
    candymanjl
    Participant

Hi!

My system consists of a DM64 without a surface. The plan is to use iPads and the editor software for people to mix their own auxes. I know the iPad software isn’t out yet but I got my hands on the Director software today.

How am I supposed to connect my laptop to the DM64? Which network port should I use? Do I have to manually set up my laptop’s IP address? Is it even possible to update the firmware in the DM64 without a console?

I’ve tried every port with my laptop and the DM64 and nothing currently works.

Thanks!
    Rich

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

How on earth have you run it without a surface up until now?

Profile photo of antonyja
    antonyja
    Participant

You can update your DM64 firmware by using the HTTP interface (“point” a Web browser at your MixRack).
    HTH

Antony Jackson A&H

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Rich,

Your laptop connects to one of the Network ports on the MixRack. Alternatively you can set up a wireless access point. See the Director Help for details. The default address for the MixRack is 192.168.1.70, so your laptop will need a compatible, static IP (for example 192.168.1.10) and same subnet (255.255.255.0).

You can update the firmware using a browser. Download the firmware package on your laptop. Type in the MixRack IP address in your browser and you should see a setup page. Select Update Firmware and locate the Firmware.tar.xz archive in the Firmware/TLD-MiRackFirmware folder.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of candymanjl
    candymanjl
    Participant

Thanks, I figured it was an IP thing. I’ll try that out today.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.