How To Set Up and Use FX

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions How To Set Up and Use FX

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of eotsskleet eotsskleet 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jheggen
    jheggen
    Participant

Hey all. I’m not able to get my FX to work for me when I follow the steps outlined in the manual. I have the latest version and an earlier version of the manual that I’ve checked. I’ve followed the recommended steps and the result is that the effects won’t work for me. I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong. I currently fit the definition of insane (repeating the process, getting the same results…ha) My vocalists want delay and my sax player wants reverb. I’d like to use a buss for the vocals and an insert for the sax. Could someone provide some alternate steps that I can try? Moving from an analog system to this digital system has been heck on an old man. Once I get it all figured out, I know I will see it as a thing of beauty. Thank you and bless you in advance.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

First. Press the FX master buttons on the right side say Fx 1. This sets up the faders to send levels from the channels to the fx. That is your send level.

Now go to the top layer bank. From the left you have the 3 ST faders then FX returns. Press the stereo fader mix button. The return faders send faders should be up. Say to ‘0’. All the mix buss masters as well. Now that gets your fx to the stereo main out.

While on that layer press each mix buss. Start with mix 1. The return faders should be up to a desired level. Do that for each mix buss you want that effect.

As for insert. That is done on the fx page. Say install a delay on fx 2. Now go to the upper right button that says FRONT. Press it to get BACK. In there you can select the effect to be an insert and point it to the channel you want. Then at bottom there is a wet/drop mix slider to set the amount you want inserted on that channel

This is all a bit confusing at first but after awhile it becomes second nature.

Hope that helps.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

If you still can’t get it can you save your main scene of show to a USB drive, put it in a computer and email it to me. I have fixed other peoples problems like that.

george@midcommav.com

Profile photo of jheggen
    jheggen
    Participant

Thank you much, George. I was able to get the insert working fine. But the buss I just can’t get. I really appreciate your offer to email my main scene to you and am going to do so. Have a good one.

Jim H.
    jheggen@cox.net

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Sent you email with a fix explanation….

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

what was the problem GCumbee? Let me guess: Send or Return Fader was down or muted!?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Returns were unassigned. Buttons off on all mixes and LR

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

yep, that’s hard to figure out! well done!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.