How to save all settings at once

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting How to save all settings at once

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tabata86 Tabata86 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tabata86
    Tabata86
    Participant

Hi everybody,

Is there a way to save all settings at once ? I see that we can save scenes, libraries and shows, but I would like to save everything at once, including routing etc. This would allow me to be able to do all kinds of tests with the console and to return to my backup, if ever I’m not happy with the result.

Thank you very much in advance for your help !

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Saving a scene saves everything as the mixer is at the time of the scene save.
    In the filters and safes pages you can select what gets recalled or does not get recalled.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I’m not familiar with the QU series specifically, but on other A&H systems the scene file does not include 100% of the console’s settings. It has about 98% of the settings. There are a few that are not saved when a scene is saved, but only at the Show level. For example, routing is saved at the scene level, but the stereo linking settings are saved at the show level. This is because changing the stereo link settings “breaks” audio on these systems and therefore A&H doesn’t design it to be changed during a show. Scenes are designed to be loaded during a show, while a show file is designed to be loaded once and the same show file used for the entire event.

The best way to learn what is saved under a show file vs scene file to to refer to the reference manual for the console.

Tabata86
    Participant

Thank you guys for your help !

If I understand correctly: if I one day have to reset the console and then I want to find my old settings, I can simply use my backup and (almost) everything will be as before? I know that the easiest thing would be to try, but as I have been using the console for some time now and have made quite a few adjustments, I’m afraid of making a mistake and risking going back to zero…

By the way, since we can save 3 different things: scenes, libraries and shows, can all this be on a single usb key or do I have to have a key for each type of backup? Excuse me, my questions are perhaps a little ridiculous… I’m not yet very comfortable with digital…

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Scenes, libraries and shows can all be saved on one USB stick. First you need to format the USB drive using the mixer, doing that put the file structure on the drive that includes folders for scenes, shows, libraries, multitrack recordings, stereo recordings and playback audio.

Tabata86
    Participant

Thank you Mike, everything is clear now 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.