How to route FX1 bus to external gear?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting How to route FX1 bus to external gear?

This topic contains 16 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Yann Yann 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

I think you overestimate the usage of analogue outboard equipment on digital consoles, especially in that price range. 99% will buy the brand of mixing desk that comes with the effects they like IF they put that much worth on FX or in most cases will just use what the mixing desk has to offer amd tweak it. People are happy they don’t have to bring additional racks. Even the external PSU, in earlier days a sign of better quality, is gone. I’m not saying you’re doing something wrong, only that you are in a very small minority and that’s why you probably won’t get your wish fulfilled. I myself see it as a waste to leave a precious FX engine empty just to route the dedicated busses out of the mixer. With things like multiband compression, deesser, dynEQ probably being in the effects engines that would be a disadvantage.
    So, the SQ offers 48 input channels and I don’t see people using them up so fast so there is no problem in using them as FX returns for external effect units. Only thing would be the mix busses. There are too few, I said that before. An easy solution would be not to make ONE mono out of ONE stereo mix, but TWO seperate mono mixes. I requested that already.

Profile photo of Yann
    Yann
    Participant

Definitely what you say is true Jens, I will be a very small minority. But people will have outboard that they like and know well, and even outboard that is not contained in the FX library of the SQ.

Its just another option that is there if people need it. The SQ is packed with different ways to do things, some of which will rarely be used but its all about that time when you have that difficult client that wants this, this and this… and you know the SQ can do it. Or if you dont.. you try and find the way that you didn’t know before.

Its actually very easy to use up the channels too, I’m using 38. (including 16 track playback from logic to be fair)

I know 1 thing people love about Dlive is that “there’s always a way” and this should reflect in SQ too. I actually dont really use analogue outboard but people clearly do and its just another really elegant solution that will be great to know is there when the time comes.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.