How to route effects from SQ6 to ME500

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions How to route effects from SQ6 to ME500

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Barryjam Barryjam 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mysterium
    Mysterium
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    I am new to this forum and looking for some guidance on how to route effects to an ME500 mix using the SLink port on the SQ6. I am also new to digital mixers, so I’m struggling to understand how this is supposed to work or if it is even possible within the SQ6 workflow. After hours of troubleshooting, testing, and reaching out for help from my Sweetwater rep (and their resident Allen and Heath guru), I am still no closer to figuring this out. All I have been told is that it is possible, but no specifics on how to set it up seem to exist. If anyone in this community forum knows how to make this work and can guide me through the steps needed, I would be forever grateful.

Regards,

CB

Profile photo of ozdoc
    ozdoc
    Participant

It’s been a while since I set ours up but if I remember correctly you set it up in the I/O patching on the SQ. Select the ME tab at the top, and the Rack FX on the left. Then patch assign the relevant FX output to one of the 40 ME channels available on the ME on this screen.

Once this is done manually key assign that channel on your ME500 to one of the 16 assign buttons on the ME500. (see ME500 manual)

Profile photo of Mysterium
    Mysterium
    Participant

Thanks for the fast response ozdoc! I had been in the I/O patching screen a hundred times making routing changes and experimenting with the Rack FX trying to get this working. I finally got it working today by following your directions above and then dragging the FX4 Send strip to channel 16. Not sure if this is the correct way to go about setting it up, but it works so far. I truly appreciate the support!

Regards,

CB

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

I think you got it right. The secret to Me-500 is moving signals (inputs, effects, groups, whatever) into the first 16 monitor slots.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.