how to reply LR main outs to another stereo mix

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions how to reply LR main outs to another stereo mix

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DavidCo DavidCo 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of midijay
    midijay
    Participant

hi all, i have a qu-pac and i need to reply the same mix of the LR main outs, to another stereo mix ..for example mix 9-10.
    i need to have the same mix withouts faders on mix-9-10…or better…for example , when i move the volume fader of ch1 in LR mix, the mix 9-10 will reply in automatic this variations without set the fader of chan1 in mix 9-10..is this possible?
    any help will be appreciate.
    thank you!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

There are three obvious options:

Use analogue splitter cables?
    Use Alt-Out?

But there is a better way – since you mentioned the QuPac – use a Matrix out – and just route the LR mix into it…

Profile photo of midijay
    midijay
    Participant

thanks for the answer.

1)i don’t want use a cable split, i need to use another pair of out because i need different volume . es: LR at -20db….and mix 9-10 at 0db.
    2) i’ve tried alt-out, but the volume of the alt-out is post LR : if the LR volume is set low…alt-out is low too.

i must try the Matrix..can someone point me in the right way?
    thanks to all!

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Press {Channel Button}, Select [FX,Mix] [L+R]
    Press {Routing Button}, Select [Matrix] Tab, set to Pre Fade, adjust level as required.

You will also need to route the matrix to a the Alt outs:

Press {Setup}, select [I/O patch} and [Local]
    Change the Alt Out to your chosen matrix.

There’s more than one way to skin a cat, but this one should work…..

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

And I’ve just realised that Alt out can be switched to L+R pre fade anyway, without needing a matrix.

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

If you’re just after a copy of LR, the 2trk outs do exactly that.

DC

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Or – since you *don’t* want the LR master volume to affect the second mix… (My mistake)
    You could just route everything Post Fade to Mix 9-10 and set all the send faders at unity.

Profile photo of midijay
    midijay
    Participant

MarkPAman: switch L+R to pre fade in alt-out work at 100% ..thanks for the tip. now volume are indipendent.
    DavidCo: the 2trk out is a good idea but don’t have separate volume …it depend from the main mix.

thanks again!!

Profile photo of knga
    knga
    Participant

If you make every channel Post and set it to 0 db in Mix 9-10, all the levels should be same as on LR. But will it also have FX sends on it?

Profile photo of midijay
    midijay
    Participant

yes…i have fx. is it a problem?

i have set all faders at 0db on mix 9-10…all work fine now.

Profile photo of knga
    knga
    Participant

Days ago I tried exactly that, but I didn’t have my FX1 on vocals on Mix 9-10 (which was side fill Mix). How do I change that?

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Put the FX return into the mix (as if it were a channel)

Profile photo of midijay
    midijay
    Participant

i’ve understand the Matrix now, but i have a question: in qu-pac where are the xlr out of Matrix 1-2 /3-4? i can assign Matrix only
    to alt-out!
    qu-24 and 32 have xlr out for this.

is that right…or not?

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

midijay,

You are correct, while Qu24/32 have dedicated XLR outs on the rear, Qu-Pac uses AES, Alt-out or dSNAKE to expose group or matrix outputs. The Alt-outs are still balanced though, so easy to convert back to XLR.

DC

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.