How to remove bad interference noise

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions How to remove bad interference noise

This topic contains 21 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

“Dick we’ve been streaming sermons to the PC for years and never had this issue, so i don’t tend to agree it’s a PC issue. I could be wrong, I was wrong once 😊”

As of now you can up that to twice…
    If it’s the same computer you’ve been using “for years”, it’s time for it to go through some “house-cleaning” or be replaced. The fact that your Qu-drive recording and the house sound were good points SQUARELY at the computer…or bad karma.

Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

Not necessarily so Dick. It could be a loose USB or USB-B connection, which would easily cause crackling noises. I never checked this atthe time ??

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

I’m not sure if it’s related but I’ve had something similar happen with (firewire) 2x 8-channel Presonus interface + windows laptop once. The main culprit turned out to be the fact that the laptop scans for wifi networks every minute or so. That seemed to stress the system so badly it caused processor spikes which in turn started noises in the recording.
    I will check tonight for the name of the little program I dl’d to check for this and let you knowm.

Giga

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

No, a bad cable or USB connection wouldn’t sound like that. It’s surely within the computer. Something has changed over the course of time. And if it’s used for other tasks and/or has multiple users there’s every chance that something is/was over-taxing the CPU or causing interference from some shared piece of hardware.

Any recent updates to the computer? Have you checked to see if there’s something running in the background that wasn’t before? If the live sound and the Qu-drive are both noise free it’s your computer for sure, especially if it’s a multi-purpose device which sees the internet with multiple users. If it’s a dedicated recording computer and your DAW/recording program hasn’t changed li’s harder to say, but these things DO age.

Good luck tracking (sic) it down.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Ok, I found the programs that helped me to tackle my somewhat similar problem:

Latencymon: https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

CPU core manager from coderbag.com

WLAN optimizer: https://www.martin-majowski.de (or defeat your wireless adaptoers alltogether while recording !)

Giga

Profile photo of cubecrazy
    cubecrazy
    Participant

Following this thread –

Have updated firmware – made no difference
    Have tried changing USB Leads – made no difference
    Have used garageband, quicktime and audacity – interference on all
    changed mics – no difference
    tried using multiple computers – no difference

Seems to be a problem that is not being addressed or answered very easily. Please someone at A&H help. Looking at other brands now, as this is unusable.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@cubecrazy

have you tried different types of PCs from different makees with different operating systems and different drivers and different buffer sizes and with ALL the crapware deleted including any antivirus or similar type programs?

Lots of things can cause this problem that I would look at before blaming AH.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.