How to insert FX on SQ-7

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting How to insert FX on SQ-7

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jeremy
    Jeremy
    Participant

We’ve recently purchased an SQ-7 for our church and we’ve been loving it. Only question I have is regarding patching a specific effect to a channel. We’ve got verbs & delays running as busses, but I’d like to insert a multiband compressor and adjust the parameters individually for each channel.

E.g. we’ve got 6-7 vocalists on a given weekend and each of them should have their own settings for the multiband comp. Can’t figure out how to do it.

Is it terribly simple and I’m just dense or is this even possible?

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Go to the FX rack. Select the desired unit (1~8). Select the view rear panel. Set the drop-downs to insert the effect into the desired channel.

Profile photo of Jeremy
    Jeremy
    Participant

So I can only insert the FX to a maximum of 8 channels? My understanding was that you could insert the effect into any number of channels.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @jeremybnnr,

It is the DEEP add-ons that can be directly embedded in every channel, the multiband compressor (plus the dynamic EQ and de-esser) add-ons are RackExtra FX.
    As there are 8 stereo FX engines in the SQ, you can have a total of 8 RackExtra FX units running simultaneously, and each of these can be used as send>return or inserted on a channel.
    So you could use 6-7 multiband comps, leaving 1-2 units free for reverbs or delays, or you could use a single multiband unit on a vocal mic group.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.