How to get Mix to ALT-OUT

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions How to get Mix to ALT-OUT

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MarkPAman MarkPAman 7 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Soundteam
    Soundteam
    Participant

Running Firmware 1.9 on a Qu-24.

I have two microphones on channels 23-24 which are assigned to Mix 5/6. I want to be able to link this two mics into the rest of the system so I can send them to the ALT-OUT for recording purposes. However, they CANNOT be amplified. The mics sit in the back of the church sanctuary and are used to pick up the congregation singing.

We have pored over the manuals and can’t really find a way to do this. Any ideas would be appreciated (if it can be done).

Many thanx,

Paul

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Hmm,
    SETUP -> I/O Patch -> Surface
    just select Mix 5/6 for Alt-Out?
    (Page 72 in The Manual)

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

STeam…

Make sure these mics are UNASSIGNED from the mains bus on the console. This will not affect the Mix routing/assignment but will insure that you don’t accidentally get them coming back through your PA.

If you need help to assign/unassign channels, see the Manual.

Good luck.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

And if you have a stage box it might be worth running them as ST2, to keep them off the front layer

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Are these mics the only thing you need from the Alt Out, or do you want to mix them with some other inputs for recording?

If the latter, then it may be worth looking at the matrix fiction, and routing that to the Alt Out

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.