How to freely assign dSnake inputs to any channel on QU-32?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting How to freely assign dSnake inputs to any channel on QU-32?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of engineerjoel
    engineerjoel
    Participant

I have a QU-32 (firmware 1.95.4561) with an AR-2412 stage box. All has been working great. Though, I recently added an AB-168 and connected it via the “expander” port on the AR2412.
    Under the ‘dSnake Out’ tab, the screen shows that AB-168 is “connected”. I can assign and route audio through any of the outputs on the AB-168 without problems. But, under the ‘dSnake In’ tab, the option will only allow me add an “expander input” to channels 25-32 on QU-32. I need to be able to freely select between local inputs(QU-32)? Main inputs(AR2412) or Expander inputs (AB—168) on any input channel of the QU-32. How can I configure the system to do this? Thanks for your support.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

You need to go to the IO set up to the D Snake in tab.
    the 2412 will be set up at least to start one to one, main 1 to channel 1 and on to
    channel 24.
    The AB168 in the expander port will be set with main 1 to channel 25 and on to channel 32.

Then you need to go the pre amp input set up screen and switch the needed inputs from local to D Snake, red to yellow.

In the IO set up menu is where you can assign any input on a stage box to be any channel on the mixer or a single stage box input could feed multiple channels on the mixer.

All the IO settings are saved as part of a scene.

I find the iPad Mix Pad APP the IO set up menu easier to use as is shows the routing in a matrix style grid.

Also remember if you need to squeeze in a couple more mic channel using a stage box you
    can assign a stage box mic input to a stereo input on a QU.

Profile photo of engineerjoel
    engineerjoel
    Participant

Thank you, Mike C. for support and the excellent information.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Thank you, Mike C. for support and the excellent information.

No problem

I have a 2412 and a 168 an use them from time to time as you are wanting to do ony with
    a Qu Pac.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.