how to? daw scribble strips?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting how to? daw scribble strips?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mikey mikey 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mikey
    mikey
    Participant

Hi, very new to this mixer

When using my sq6 with my daw, how do i get my scribble strips to copy the channel names and colours?
    they are all white and each bank has a few strips saying pan, left, right page 1&2.

Also i was under the impression the meter would show (blink) whilst playing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’m using cubase 11 pro if that makes any difference but i don’t see why it should.

Thanks

Profile photo of mikey
    mikey
    Participant

On strip assign, midi 1 already has pan on it. midi 3 has left, midi 4 has right. midi 7 has pan, midi 8 has 01/02.
    then this is repeated for each bank.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@mikey

I’m using cubase 11 pro if that makes any difference but i don’t see why it should.

The behaviour of Cubase is actually the main reason we needed to add the ‘Alt Display’ option for SQ/MCU translation!
    This is because, compared to most DAW’s, Cubase (and maybe some others) use the other line of text available on the MCU hardware to display names and the SQ only has one line available.
    So simply changing from Mackie Control (Standard) to Mackie Control (Alt Display) should solve the issue here (https://www.allen-heath.com/media/AH-MIDI-Control-V2.00-Help.pdf#page=2&zoom=auto,-274,538)

I should also note that while track names will show up, I’m afraid there is no part of the translation which includes track colour or metering data for use by the SQ.

Hope this helps.
    Keith.

Profile photo of mikey
    mikey
    Participant

Thanks very much for your help and fast response! shame about the colours and metering but this will help a lot!

Thanks again

Profile photo of mikey
    mikey
    Participant

https://community.allen-heath.com/members/keithjah/

@keithjah

While I have you, maybe you would be able to answer my other problem I’ve been trying to overcome.

I’m trying to get my audio from my daw come through a seperate channel and fader than my general computer audio which I have set up on layer A. Instead of a local input I have channel 1 as my computer audio and would like channel 2 to be daw audio.

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.