How to Connect a Extern revb. Send and returnere

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions How to Connect a Extern revb. Send and returnere

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Scott Scott 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Twice
    Twice
    Participant

Hello. Can someone explain in simpel terms how to Connect an external revb. Stereo send and return. Tanks and Sorry for my bad english

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Use one of your MIX busses setup as an AUX (all POST fader). Route that aux to one of the local output sockets, then connect that socket to the input of your external reverb unit.

Next take the L/R out from your reverb unit, and run those into a pair of local inputs which can be mapped to a stereo channel (or 2 mono channels).

Go to the mix that sends to your external reverb, and raise the levels on channels that you want reverb on. *Make sure that you don’t send the reverb return channels back into this mix or you will end up with a feedback loop.

Finally go back to the LR main mix and raise the channels that have the return from the reverb, and blend to taste. 😀

Profile photo of Gogos
    Gogos
    Participant

Hi Scott,
    why shouldn’t he just do the whole thing via the “Insert” path? 😉
    But it also depends on what and how he wants to use the effect? We don’t have enough information on that….

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Generally time-based FX (reverb / delay) are setup as a side chain as described above. This is why I described the steps that I did. Not to say that you can’t insert a reverb, but generally you would want it available to multiple channels.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.