How to connect 1 SQ6 + 2 SQ5 + 3DX168

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions How to connect 1 SQ6 + 2 SQ5 + 3DX168

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz Søren Steinmetz 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gurdal
    gurdal
    Participant

Hi everyone….

How to connect 1 pcs SQ6 + 2 SQ5 + 3 DX168….

I want to signal from the studio in 3 different places, the regie in 3 different places. If you can describe it through the picture on the back, I’m happy.

Thanx.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

at this moment this is not possible

you need a Dante Card in all three desks, then Dante splits it for you
    one desk is the desk with the 3x DX168 and dx-hub

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

I think I read that the Slink card, when it’s released, will be a dual port card. That should do it for you, too. But nothing on when it will be released yet.

Profile photo of gurdal
    gurdal
    Participant

Thank you for your support

What should be the connection diagram in this case? 1 SQ6 + 3DX168 same mixer — 2 SQ5 + 1 SQ6 + dante cards + layer 2 hub is it appropriate?

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Dante is working on TCP networks, so a standard 1GByte switch will work.
    If I would configure such a system I also would prefer Dante because it is more flexible than the A&H SLink connections.
    But I would do it a little bit more flexible than Steffen sugested. I would plan one DX168 for each desk with the option to carry it to that which needs more inputs close to the desk. If it is made clever enough you can forget the DX-Hub because two Stageboxes can be daisy chained and together with the local analog inputs of each desk you will reach the total amount of inputs currently usable.

Profile photo of gurdal
    gurdal
    Participant

(Mfk0815)

Thank you for your answer. Your idea made more sense. it is advantageous to have a DX HUB to use all DX168 in a single desk if needed.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

the Dante solution connects all SQ and more (wireless mics, PC or MAC, amps with Dante) and the DX168 can connect to all desks

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

@gurdal if you want connect more than two DX168 to one SQ you have to use a DX Hub because ou only can daisy chain two DX168.

Profile photo of gurdal
    gurdal
    Participant

I will definitely add a DX HUB to the system. I think it is necessary for flexibility.

Profile photo of gurdal
    gurdal
    Participant

The connection I think is … (picture)
    I made two connection
    I will use the connections separately according to my needs.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Bra Q
    Bra Q
    Participant

Well my problem might be King of lame but I need help, I want to connect my SQ 6 with Dante card and AR2412 audio rack to my DX168 please help guys I’ve really ran out of channels in my AR2412 audiorack

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

@Bra you have a problem (or issue) then

To have both a AR2412 and a DX168 on the same console, you need the extra S-link card in the slot, but that is already occupied by the Dante card as I understand it.

You would need to use either a AB168 with the AR2412, OR a DT168 via the Dante network.
    (or use an analog snake to use the 24 inputs on the console, to max the 48 channels 😉 )

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.