How to chain FXs ?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions How to chain FXs ?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Runepune Runepune 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Porgy
    Porgy
    Participant

Hi,

I want to chain octaver and gate reverb.
    Octaver is fx5 and gate fx6. I want to send input 1 to octaver and chain with gate reverb in order to have only thé résult of octaver entry to gate reverb. The return of gate send to main mix.

How to proceed ?

Thanks.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

First, setup a group for where the Ext In is the fx5 (Rack FX) unit. Next you can either insert the gated verb (fx6) into that group directly, or send from the group out to using the FX send.

Profile photo of Porgy
    Porgy
    Participant

Ok but Maybe my explnanation was not clear.

I have a mic connected to 2 different faders. The objective is to have normal voice of singer with normal reverb etc on main mix and aux for iem.
    I need for on song to have the normal voice remove and adding only octaver and gate verb.

I do what you say. I create 1 stereo group
    on FX 6 gateverb. I put it on insert of my stereo group and then if I select stereo group on input FX5, no sound.
    Could you give me more explanation. I don’t know how group works. thanks,

PAtrice

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

In the group under “Ext In”, did you assign rack fx 5? If you’re not using the regular (dry) vocal then set the FX5 input on your vocal channel to PRE fader instead of the default post. That allows you to send to the octaver, while at the same time turning the master fader all the way down cutting out the dry vocal (do not mute the channel).

Also don’t forget to assign your group to the main LR bus, or you won’t hear anything.

Profile photo of Porgy
    Porgy
    Participant

Hi,

I just create the stereo group. But I don’t know how to assign group to main and how to do what you ask (In the group under “Ext In”, did you assign rack fx 5?)?
    sorry I never use group and I don’t know How to proceed.
    Is it like Aux steroe Mix ?
    I check into mix or aux and I don’t find group.
    Thanks

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Yes, under “Ext In” assign rack FX 5. To assign that group to the main mix, select the main mix (mix button on Main LR fader), and then hold down the assign button and tap the mix button on the group fader. It should show ON in the scribble strip once it has been assigned.

A group is not like an aux. In this special use case it will act more like an FX return for your 2 fx units that are chained.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

It would be much simpler to use an input instead of the FX return, you have two inserts on every input, so it’s possible to chain up to three FX units with this.
    And you still have all channel processing available.

Profile photo of Porgy
    Porgy
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. I have 2 ways to do . I will test it.

Profile photo of Runepune
    Runepune
    Participant

Can’t you just send from octaver return to gated rev? Either turn off octaver to L/R, or send pre fader.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.