How to activate available strips?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions How to activate available strips?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of lamacchiacosta lamacchiacosta 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lamacchiacosta
    lamacchiacosta
    Participant

Hello,
    I am learning my new SQ5 making the most of this lockdown moment.
    I just set up a “full house” scenario where all my inputs are feeding the mixer and Reaper through direct outputs:

In 1 to In 16 are the Local inputs of the mixer.
    In 17 to In 40 are inputs of my Tascam ML32-D connected via Dante.
    In 41 to In 46 are the ST1, ST2, ST3.

Now I would like to have the chance to listen to the Reaper’s Master track premix. I would like to assign that to an available SQ5 input and to a fader. Layer E and Layer F have available ones but I don’t know how to activate them. I guess it’s via “Setup – Strip assign”?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Profile photo of peterlanders
    peterlanders
    Participant

No, you need to go back into I/O and do the routing from USB or Dante to a processing channel first. Looks like you’ve used everything but 47/48, so I guess those are the ones you’ll be using.

If you’re connecting your computer to the SQ via USB, you’ll want to patch whichever pair of USB inputs you’ve directed your Reaper master output to to channels 47/48 (presumably you’ll want to configure that pair as a stereo pair in mixer setup).

Then, you can stick a fader for that channel wherever you want.

lamacchiacosta
    Participant

So, even if I have 64×64 via Dante, I can manage a maximum of 48 channels on the SQ5, am I correct?
    Thank you.

Profile photo of peterlanders
    peterlanders
    Participant

Yep. You can connect all sorts of inputs, but the number of processing channels is fixed at 48.

If processing isn’t needed you can use tie lines to route things around without using a channel, though. Definitely spend some time with the manual if you haven’t, there’s a lot of flexibility.

lamacchiacosta
    Participant

Thank you for your time!
    Yes, the manual is my best friend right now, I am just asking what is not 100% clear, for me, on that.
    Thanks again!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.